course load

Started by pandora
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pandora

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it okay to take a couple of classes at a time vs. a full load?
I'm wondering if I shoud wait until my small children are older to finish my pre-req's in a year vs. taking 2 years. (Spend this time getting my tech. licence and getting experience.)
Thoughts?
Thanks........
 
I was having trouble deciding how to organize my course load, but I chose 14-16 units so I can get used to a heavy schedule. It shows you can handle a demanding curriculum.

Don't some schools require you retake any course that's over X years old? Something else to consider.
 
Its ok to take a smaller load but most of the schools that I have done research on have a 7 year max on pre reqs. I started out taking a small load and then 2 semesters off and now I take 15-16 units. I will have to retake some classes because of the 7 year time limit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad