course requirements

Started by SarahL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SarahL

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem....I graduated a few years ago and only took one semester of organic chemistry with lab. (It was at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and most schools in the Midwest consider it to be two semesters because it was accelerated.) I've just been accepted to Pitt 🙂 )) and they require me to take another semester of OChem with lab before matriculating.

Pitt starts early, around August 5 or so, and I'm having trouble locating a school (any school) that finishes up this course this summer before I have to be in Pittsburgh. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would *really* appreciate any help you can give.

I live in San Francisco and would prefer to stay here over the summer. Alternative locations are San Diego, Houston, Denver, and of course Pittsburgh.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

SarahL