Course Retakes and Prereq credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOllamallama

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
;

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new here and I have a couple questions. So I really screwed myself over in undergrad (I'm graduating soon) and slacked off my first few years when I took all the basic prereq courses like GenBio, GenChem, Physics, OChemI and II (I haven't taken III yet). I got basically straight C's across all of them. Could I retake most of them and would I have to get into a post-bacc program for it to be ok or can I take them at a JC?

Sidenote: I finally got my act together near the end of undergrad but by that time I was taking only upper-div engineering classes and already had a TON of units so it didn't affect my GPA much. :(

Thanks for your help!

You can retake them at your current university.You'd have to push your graduation date back to accommodate all those classes, but yeah.

Hey guys, I'm new here and I have a couple questions. So I really screwed myself over in undergrad (I'm graduating soon) and slacked off my first few years when I took all the basic prereq courses like GenBio, GenChem, Physics, OChemI and II (I haven't taken III yet). I got basically straight C's across all of them. Could I retake most of them and would I have to get into a post-bacc program for it to be ok or can I take them at a JC?

Sidenote: I finally got my act together near the end of undergrad but by that time I was taking only upper-div engineering classes and already had a TON of units so it didn't affect my GPA much. :(

Thanks for your help!

The only reason to do retakes at a JC/CC is if you can't afford the tuition at a 4 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't retake them at my uni because you need to have gotten a C- or lower to be able to retake a class.

Last edited:
I can't retake them at my uni because you need to have gotten a C- or lower to be able to retake a class. Also, I'm in my fifth year and graduating at the end of this summer.

Tell the dean about your situation and how retaking them will help your medical school application. My school had a similar policy (C- or lower) and I know people who have retaken classes they got a C in.