Courses help plz.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ping1050

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I need some quick advice, while planning my next semester courses. Which of the courses would you find most benefitial to have previous to medical school. I am done with my cour and major reqs so have options, and am interested in taking one-three of the courses listed below. Help!

Molecular Biology BIO366
Human Anatomy BIO222
Embryology BIO355
Biology of Microorganisms BIO231

For reference, i have had two genetics courses, biochem 1 and 2, and basic biology courses.

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you pick the course you think will be the most interesting and give you the best chance for an A. Helps keep the GPA up.

I like hoberto's advice, but at the same time, if you want to prepare yourself more for medical school, more power to you. My personal opinion is to take Embryology and Human Anatomy, but it's whatever you believe you will enjoy and do well in.

Members don't see this ad :)
ping1050 said:
Hey. I need some quick advice, while planning my next semester courses. Which of the courses would you find most benefitial to have previous to medical school. I am done with my cour and major reqs so have options, and am interested in taking one-three of the courses listed below. Help!

Molecular Biology BIO366
Human Anatomy BIO222
Embryology BIO355
Biology of Microorganisms BIO231

For reference, i have had two genetics courses, biochem 1 and 2, and basic biology courses.

My hardest course in the first year was Gross Anatomy. The Human Anatomy would be a helpful preparation.

I don't think the molecular biology would be very useful, since we don't get that in depth. The embryology & microorganisms coures would be helpful, but are not as big of a deal as anatomy by far.

If it were me, I would have take anatomy with embryology and microorganisms a tie for second choice, depending on which area you like more.

OSUdoc08 said:
My hardest course in the first year was Gross Anatomy. The Human Anatomy would be a helpful preparation.

I don't think the molecular biology would be very useful, since we don't get that in depth. The embryology & microorganisms coures would be helpful, but are not as big of a deal as anatomy by far.

If it were me, I would have take anatomy with embryology and microorganisms a tie for second choice, depending on which area you like more.

Embryology is hard. Do yourself a favor and take this class! - B (MS1)

beano said:
Embryology is hard. Do yourself a favor and take this class! - B (MS1)

It is, but it isn't worth as much as gross anatomy is in the long run.

For us, it was a very small portion of the course.

(Our course was called Gross & Developmental Anatomy)