Courses in High School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pysjang

Sean
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a high school student in Canada. I'll be going into grade 11 this september. I'm thinking of applying to American Dental Schools after university. I'm just wondering what type of courses I need to take now to prepare myself to become more of a stronger applicant when it is time for me to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

I think just challenging yourself with honors or AP (if offered) science courses is a good start. You'll be surprised how good a foundation it is for your basic science courses in college, and it's those grades that admission committees will see, not your high school ones.

I am currently a high school student in Canada. I'll be going into grade 11 this september. I'm thinking of applying to American Dental Schools after university. I'm just wondering what type of courses I need to take now to prepare myself to become more of a stronger applicant when it is time for me to apply?

Hi,
In most high schools, you can choose what type of science/math classes you want to take. You should try to focus on the classes that will help you in college. These courses include general chemistry, organic chemistry (if your school offers), human anatomy (it will prepare you for college anatomy course since it is recommended for many dental schools), honors/AP biology, honors/AP physics, calculus (many dental schools require that you take one or two calculus classes in college), economics, psychology, and honors/AP English.

If you have specific dental schools in mind, you should visit their website and see what their courses requirements are. You will have to take all of those classes in college, so you will get a better idea of which classes you should take in high school to prepare yourself.

I hope this helps.

oh alright
thanks guys :)