Courses & timing

Started by Roxlo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Roxlo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I wanted to know if my current track is good (timing wise) for taking the PCAT and applying to pharmacy school

By the end of my sophmore year I will have completed gen bio 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and 2, calc 1, orgo 1, and microbiology. Is this enough to be able to do well on the PCAT or should I take another semester of orgo and calc before I take it? What about anatomy/phys? Also no physics on the PCAT correct?

I could then study the summer after sophmore year and take it then.

Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Hi guys, I wanted to know if my current track is good (timing wise) for taking the PCAT and applying to pharmacy school

By the end of my sophmore year I will have completed gen bio 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and 2, calc 1, orgo 1, and microbiology. Is this enough to be able to do well on the PCAT or should I take another semester of orgo and calc before I take it? What about anatomy/phys? Also no physics on the PCAT correct?

I could then study the summer after sophmore year and take it then.

Thoughts?

-Majority of BIO section your good (Will need human physiology & human anatomy).
-Chemistry (Check; could do Orgo II but not necessary)
-No physics
-Math Section (check; if your good with statistics as well then your set for this portion)
-Perfect now go study!!!
 
Yea, but at my school(s) they only accept Human Anatomy and Human Physiology taken as seperate classes. if your school is fine with A&P I/II then go ahead and take them. Should call you college to make sure. Definietly will need these classes to have an upper hand in the BIO section. Good luck.