Jul 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi,

I attended a college in another country for undergrads, I submitted their transcript to AADSAS and they got it. In the application instruction from ADEA, it says "Foreign coursework can be listed, although it is not required; transcripts from foreign schools must still be evaluated and sent to ADEA AADSAS.", but my advisor told me to enter it so there will be no delay.

So I am trying to enter, but it is impossible to do so because the name of the course is either too long, or the transcript does not have the prefix and number for each course. Now I think I'm confused myself about if I should enter the course from that school.
I tried to call AADSAS a few times but no one answered, so any advice from SDNers?

Cheers.

May 31, 2016
Ivory tower
Status
Pre-Dental
Did you graduated from a foreign institution or did you just take some courses there while studying abroad? Not sure, but call or email AADSAS would be my best advice. Sorry this happened

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP
P
Jul 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Did you graduated from a foreign institution or did you just take some courses there while studying abroad? Not sure, but call or email AADSAS would be my best advice. Sorry this happened
I did not graduate from that school, just attend a semester. It's not studying abroad because it is in my home country, I'm int'l student right now.
I tried to call them 3 times, but no one answered apparently, even though I put my AADSAS ID# as well.

May 31, 2016
Ivory tower
Status
Pre-Dental
I did not graduate from that school, just attend a semester. It's not studying abroad because it is in my home country, I'm int'l student right now.
I tried to call them 3 times, but no one answered apparently, even though I put my AADSAS ID# as well.
Shouldn't these courses be reflected on your current transcript already? They should if you received credit for them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Zoff

5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I would just skip it and forget about the hassle considering it's only one semester of course work.

OP
P
Jul 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Shouldn't these courses be reflected on your current transcript already? They should if you received credit for them.
The official transcript from my current college does not have the courses although it says I attended the other college (weirdly enough, it appears on my unofficial one). The name of those courses on the my old school transcript are totally different from the one in my school right now. And even with the current transcript, it doesn't contain any useful information to fill in (no name; the prefix and number of the course is arbitrary). Plus, the portal tells me to replicate the official transcript from the original school, not the current one.

I would just skip it and forget about the hassle considering it's only one semester of course work.
Sadly, my current official transcript from my 4-year college has the name of that school. Because of that, I sent AADSAS the transcript from that school and now I don't know if I should filled in the coursework from that school (It's impossible to do it based on that transcript says). The ADEA instructions says it can be listed but not required, but the advisor told me that not filling that may cause delay (and again, I can't)

It's so weirddd...

Jul 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
ok.. I attended school in my hime country too. you had to have it evaluated from some known organizations(I used Global Credentials Evaluater). They will name each class with something that is equal to American hours and title. I had to enter all the classes that I attended, but the AADSAS did not calculate its GPA so it was just waste of time and energy, but it is good because that would lower my GPA if they did.
You also need to send officials transcript from that organization direclt to AADSAS.
if you need any help let me know