Coursework from Non-Accredited schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sitthakim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how adcoms look at coursework from non-accredited schools, if it wasn't towards a degree to certification or anything? You know, personal-interest type classes, which did result in a transcript, but not the kind from a university or grad school.

::edit:: i also mean from a school that can be found on the AACOM app but isn't starred.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
These classes aren't your pre-reqs, right? They're things you took for fun like art or sports or whatever? In that case, you can probably think of them like an EC. If you're contemplating taking your pre-reqs at an unaccredited school, that's not such a good idea. There are plenty of accredited schools to choose from for the pre-reqs. You should also contact AMCAS and/or AACOMAS and find out what they want you to do in terms of reporting that coursework.

These classes aren't your pre-reqs, right? They're things you took for fun like art or sports or whatever? In that case, you can probably think of them like an EC. If you're contemplating taking your pre-reqs at an unaccredited school, that's not such a good idea. There are plenty of accredited schools to choose from for the pre-reqs. You should also contact AMCAS and/or AACOMAS and find out what they want you to do in terms of reporting that coursework.

No, they're not prereqs; I've taken some massage classes over the years and the school is on the AACOM app... I shall most definitely contact them and see what they want in regards to reporting, thanks for the suggestion!