Coursework Listing (Can't seem to figure out)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xerxes106

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have two classes I'm unable to figure out how to classify (science, non science). I used the AADSAS PDF that has where to put courses but I'm still stuck.

Operant Behavior.....it was a biology based class, but has a Psych prefix.....on the guide list it says behavior and the brain go under biology for any department. But then it says psych classes are non-science.

Elementary Statistics. I see stats in "other science" but this was another psych course which is classified as "non science" on the guide sheet....ideally I'd put this is non science since I didn't do so hot.

Any input would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Ultimately, AADSAS will correct what they want to.

If you think there is a valid reason for the first one to be a BIO class, then just put it this way. If AADSAS doesn't like it, they'll change it to Psych.

Try putting the next one under Psych if that's what the course header says. Once again, they'll change it if they want to.

I think you should classify Elementary Statistics as other science. The AADSAS course list clearly states that statistics from any department is considered other science.

I'm guessing Operant Behavior will end up being non science, but you can try to classify it as biology if you want. Brain and Behavior, at least the version I took, was basically neurobiology, and I would think that's different from a class on operant conditioning, but if you want to try to classify it as biology then go ahead. The worst that can happen is that they change it, which isn't a big deal. I'm sure lots of people will have some minor changes made to the courses they input by AADSAS. Their guidelines aren't all that clear and seem to lead to confusion. I even got conflicting answers as to how to classify a course from them (I emailed and then got impatient so I called...the two responses were different lol), so I just did what I thought was best in that regard. I'm sure the people who are assigned to do the course verification are experienced and have seen enough to know where each course should be classified.