Coursework on OptomCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OpticBlast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, the coursework for OptomCAS application is very annoying!

Members don't see this ad.

Really? It took me 20 minutes to do all of mine. I am glad I do not have to do it for every school.

Members don't see this ad :)
It took me a while to do it... like a LONG WHILE!! VERY irritating.. And them I'm going to have to do supplementals TOO!!?? rggghhhhh...

Not to mention the money I'm gonna have to spend!:mad:

Has anyone else run out of room when putting in the course titles? Some of mine don't fit in the space that they give...

And does anyone know how to convert course units from Canadian schools (ie. 0.5 credits per course) into semester hours? Or do I even have to convert it for optomCAS?

Thanks!

I'm having trouble converting my numeric grades (0-100%) into letter grades, it seems rather subjective.. Can anybody help me please?

do we have to put all our classes from all schools we went to or just science courses

I'm having trouble converting my numeric grades (0-100%) into letter grades, it seems rather subjective.. Can anybody help me please?

Your school should have a conversion chart, I had the same problem.

whats the point of the course work section, dont they have our transcripts?

on optomcas you must list every single college class you have taken.. and sending them a transcript is to verify the person didn't lie about their grades.. if applicants didn't have to send their transcripts, it wouldn't give them a reason to not lie about their grades.. but the fact that they have to send their transcripts (whether optomcas even checks them or not) makes the person more inclined to tell the truth about their grades.

hai.am final student of bs optometry can i start applying the application for optomcas now itself or i have to wait untill i complete my final year fill it. i like to join college in 2010.pls help me any one of u and also tell me wat all exams i need to write before in hand.