Coursework question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EatSleepGolf

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a simple question that I am overthinking.. When entering coursework, PTCAS says to enter exactly what is on your transcript. If my course title is abbreviated on my transcript, should I abbreviate it on the coursework section of PTCAS or type out the complete name of the class (or does it even matter)?

ex: on transcript- Exer Physiology: Princ and Theory
real name of class: Exercise Physiology: Principles and Theory
 
Type what is exactly on your transcript but if you have further concerns you can always call PTCAS. If you do call PTCAS, do so before 10:00 AM eastern standard time to avoid long waits.
 
This may be a simple question that I am overthinking.. When entering coursework, PTCAS says to enter exactly what is on your transcript. If my course title is abbreviated on my transcript, should I abbreviate it on the coursework section of PTCAS or type out the complete name of the class (or does it even matter)?

ex: on transcript- Exer Physiology: Princ and Theory
real name of class: Exercise Physiology: Principles and Theory
That's a great question. For the most part, I kept it consistent with what was on my transcript. However, it was a really obscure abbreviation such as "Fund in HCD" I made sure to write out the class title "Fundamentals in Healthcare Delivery" (especially because I want to point out a course that's applicable to PT).

Good luck!
 
I'd only write it out if it's really impossible for a person of normal intelligence to realize what the class was called. Other than that, just follow the instructions.