Coursework Section on PharmCAS-Academic Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mimrose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a little confused when it comes to entering your Academic Status on the PharmCAS app.

For example, my University considers me a Senior because of the number of credit hours I've accumulated (I took a bunch of AP classes in high school), but it's only my third year of college so I consider myself a Junior.

However, I'm not sure what PharmCAS is looking for. Are they asking for Academic Status based off of the number of credit hours I have (In which case, I'd put in my status as Senior) or how many years I've attended college (In which case I'd put that I'm a Junior).

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

When I was applying I took a few courses while I was in high school too. On pharmcas I just listed that I had two freshman years(one for my HS courses that counted for college credit and one for my actual freshman year of college), so my current year actually fit what I was in college and it worked just fine.

Reactions: 1 user
When I was applying I took a few courses while I was in high school too. On pharmcas I just listed that I had two freshman years(one for my HS courses that counted for college credit and one for my actual freshman year of college), so my current year actually fit what I was in college and it worked just fine.

Thank you! :)