1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Coursework Section on PharmCAS-Academic Status

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Mimrose, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Mimrose

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    So I'm a little confused when it comes to entering your Academic Status on the PharmCAS app.

For example, my University considers me a Senior because of the number of credit hours I've accumulated (I took a bunch of AP classes in high school), but it's only my third year of college so I consider myself a Junior.

However, I'm not sure what PharmCAS is looking for. Are they asking for Academic Status based off of the number of credit hours I have (In which case, I'd put in my status as Senior) or how many years I've attended college (In which case I'd put that I'm a Junior).

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lunesta

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    When I was applying I took a few courses while I was in high school too. On pharmcas I just listed that I had two freshman years(one for my HS courses that counted for college credit and one for my actual freshman year of college), so my current year actually fit what I was in college and it worked just fine.

Mimrose likes this.
  4. Mimrose

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thank you! :)