Coursework Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoonS

Miniature Schnauzer
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
are we supposed update our grade as well? because I don't see that category anymore for the fall classes.

Just send transcript to AADSAS will be fine right?

Members don't see this ad.

are we supposed update our grade as well? because I don't see that category anymore for the fall classes.

Just send transcript to AADSAS will be fine right?

Follow the onscreen directions on the Academic Update (orange color) link on the left hand side. You should update the Fall grades and then send in the transcript.

Coursework update is optional, right? (As long as we send in final transcripts before matriculation?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Coursework update is optional, right? (As long as we send in final transcripts before matriculation?)

Its optional. IMO I wouldnt submit your Fall grades if they hurt your GPA. Just in case you're still waiting interviews from some schools, it would look bad to submit grades that negatively impact your GPAs.

Sorry to ask my own question but do Dental schools see the grades you submit to AADSAS? Or what?

Yes? Why wouldn't they?

Sorry. I thought that they only see what AADSAS sends them. Maybe I phrased it wrong. When you update your coursework in AADSAS, Do D Schools see those grades immediately or do they not hear anything until AADSAS sends them an updated transcript (which they don't send until they get an official transcript from your school)?

Sorry. I thought that they only see what AADSAS sends them. Maybe I phrased it wrong. When you update your coursework in AADSAS, Do D Schools see those grades immediately or do they not hear anything until AADSAS sends them an updated transcript (which they don't send until they get an official transcript from your school)?

d-schools will only look at your GPAs and that portion is not updated until the official transcript is received and uploaded by AADSAS.

While i;m sure schools can look at Coursework section, they probably wouldnt until the final grades are in, since the ones you type in are not added to the GPAs until confirmation.

If we send the fall transcripts to the school we have decided to attend after our Dec. 1st acceptance do we need to still send a transcript to AADSAS to update our application?

If we send the fall transcripts to the school we have decided to attend after our Dec. 1st acceptance do we need to still send a transcript to AADSAS to update our application?

No. After you've been accepted to your top pick, you can throw AADSAS out the window.