Coursework?

Started by Ailiniel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ailiniel

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was trying to add all of the courses that I’ve taken in PharmCAS based on my official transcript. But how do you know what level the courses are and what subject they should fall under, such as Biomed Chem? Would it be “biochemistry” or “other science”? I was also trying to add the course title but wasn’t sure if that would be the same as the course description in the transcript. Because the transcript course titles were ECON, PHILO, CHEM, MATH which seems too short.

And how do you know if a course is upper or lower division for Ohio state college of pharmacy?
 
Last edited:
I was trying to add all of the courses that I’ve taken in PharmCAS based on my official transcript. But how do you know what level the courses are and what subject they should fall under, such as Biomed Chem? Would it be “biochemistry” or “other science”? I was also trying to add the course title but wasn’t sure if that would be the same as the course description in the transcript. Because the transcript course titles were ECON, PHILO, CHEM, MATH which seems too short.

And how do you know if a course is upper or lower division for Ohio state?

Course titles should be something like General Chemistry or Intro to Psych, which should also be on official transcripts.
For assigning courses for lower or upper division I did it as 1xx & 2xx as lower, 3xx & 4xx as upper.

As far as choosing which subject Biomed Chem falls under, I would just pick whichever is closer to the actual topic of the class based on "subject description" in PharmCAS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Courses which begin with 1 or 2 are freshman and soph level courses. Courses which begin with 3 or 4 are upper level junior.

To answer the rest of your question If you payed attention in class you should remember the course content and be able to classify them yourself as BioChem, Biology, Math or Other science.