Cover letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

All of mine have been online so far, so I have not. I only sent letters when I had to resend a transcript that had a minor error on it (nothing to do with a grade).
 
All of mine have been online so far, so I have not. I only sent letters when I had to resend a transcript that had a minor error on it (nothing to do with a grade).

Whenever I mail something to the schools, I have been including a letter which states the contents of the envelope, my VMCAS ID, and my contact information (in case there's a problem.) Seemed like the most reasonable/professional thing to me🙂

Lisa
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That does seem reasonable and professional. I think I'll include a cover letter but no CV. Thanks!
 
Whenever I mail something to the schools, I have been including a letter which states the contents of the envelope, my VMCAS ID, and my contact information (in case there's a problem.)

Yeah that is what I always did so that they didn't have to hunt down my name on a form or have to look up my ID number. Just a simple, business style letter. I actually kept a template for this in Word because I used it a lot.