COVID-19 essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itssammi66

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am answering the section on PTCAS about how COVID-19 affected me this year.

I am also applying to a school and their only supplemental question is ,"Please explain how COVID-19 affected your application and your life whether it be positive or negative."

Is it okay to copy and paste what I wrote for the PTCAS essay question?

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't the PTCAS essay different? Doesn't that have to do with sharing your interaction with physical therapy?

Isn't the PTCAS essay different? Doesn't that have to do with sharing your interaction with physical therapy?

yes, but there is also an optional essay question about COVID

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar question! I wrote the COVID-related essay for PTCAS. However, one of the programs I am applying to has a COVID (optional) essay, as well. I feel that I addressed how COVID affected myself and my family sufficiently enough in my PTCAS COVID essay. So, I'm not sure if I should answer the programs COVID essay with "copy and paste" as you said or to just leave it blank. Would love to hear what you think you might end up doing or what others are doing!

If it's optional I think leaving it blank is better than copy and pasting.
Another idea is maybe taking the opportunity to go more in depth on the single biggest obstacle COVID-19 threw your way.

I think you should totally answer it more in depth rather than copy and pasting! Maybe elaborate more on the experiences you faced! Also we should all proofread each other essays! Weather it be the personal statement or supplemental essays! Anybody interested in doing so?