COVID 19 Tremors

Started by Momentum70
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Momentum70

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been getting more patients that have spent considerable time in ICU from Covid 19. By that I mean vent greater than 1 week, hospitalizations greater than 1 month. Some are still weaning off supplemental O2, all have some degree of myopathy. But the thing I am posting this thread about has to do with tremors. About 75% of my patients have a bilateral symmetric UE movement tremor, rarely is it lower extremity. They have all shown some improvement during their 2-4 weeks I have gotten them in IPR with some having complete resolution. Any thoughts or ideas on the cause of this or has anyone else been seeing this?
 
A version of ICUAW


No one has a name for it yet as far as I know. I have seen it on a number of my COVID patients. Does improve as time goes on.