COVID Summer Research Rotation Thoughts?

Started by eqb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eqb

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any thoughts on pre-M1 rotation given the strong potential the majority (if not all) may be online? I am also struggling to find a mentor who is taking on a rotation student during this. Should I choose a mentor I'm less interested in since I think it will be harder to get a sense of the lab environment and culture etc? Any thoughts?
 
if ur program allows it and compensates u during the time I would do a bioinformátics rotation for a project that could be done entirely at a distance. Make some money, pick up some valuable skills.

Lab wise I don’t think most will get much out of bench lab rotations rn unless ur somewhere with very few precautions.