covid19 and this interview cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macsak

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
people, please read this thread
and realize that only just over half of the schools have actually sent out interview invites and almost half of those in the last week or so

there is a global pandemic going on, and schools are worried about safely getting students into classes, lab, and clinic
and keeping patients, faculty and staff safe

they are not prioritizing applications
they care not about "t00th_sl00th_2021" on SDN and their concerns that their app is "late" and that the "issue" is a 19 on RC

please look outside your bubble and realize there are people getting sick/dying and losing their homes/businesses/etc

trust the process and have a great application cycle...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Even on a normal cycle it's still super early... I got invites from schools well into november-late december last cycle. My suggestion to current applicants is to just get off SDN and don't check it lol it just makes you feel bad with no gain

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I wanted to create a thread similar to this but wasn't sure how to word it lol To everyone who is worried about their application and their scores/grades, just relax and see what the next couple months bring before you freak out and post on every thread SDN has. Odds are (from what I have seen), many of you actually have great grades/scores, excellent experiences and your applications don't lack much if at all. Trust the process and the work you have put in. Many of you will get interviews within the next couple weeks. Constantly creating threads asking if other predents have felt "anxious" or asking that student in New mexico just starting his senior year if they think that the University of america will grant another predent in Rhode Island an interview.. nobody knows. We can do is give each other encouragement but nobody can give you any definite answers so please stop asking questions like "I have a 26AA/24TS and submitted to XYZ on 7/02, but haven't heard back, does this mean i'm rejected?" and "When will this university contact me?" The vast majority of us have no idea what is happening but all we can do is sit and wait for those emails to slide into our inbox. Be patient and trust the process

Reactions: 1 user
I wanted to create a thread similar to this but wasn't sure how to word it lol To everyone who is worried about their application and their scores/grades, just relax and see what the next couple months bring before you freak out and post on every thread SDN has. Odds are (from what I have seen), many of you actually have great grades/scores, excellent experiences and your applications don't lack much if at all. Trust the process and the work you have put in. Many of you will get interviews within the next couple weeks. Constantly creating threads asking if other predents have felt "anxious" or asking that student in New mexico just starting his senior year if they think that the University of america will grant another predent in Rhode Island an interview.. nobody knows. We can do is give each other encouragement but nobody can give you any definite answers so please stop asking questions like "I have a 26AA/24TS and submitted to XYZ on 7/02, but haven't heard back, does this mean i'm rejected?" and "When will this university contact me?" The vast majority of us have no idea what is happening but all we can do is sit and wait for those emails to slide into our inbox. Be patient and trust the process

soon people will begin to ask if not hearing from a school is a "soft rejection"...

Reactions: 1 users