COVID19 Neuro Manifestations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neglect

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently COVID19 is associated with strokes in one paper. Acute Cerebrovascular Disease Following COVID-19: A Single Center, Retrospective, Observational Study by Yanan Li, Mengdie Wang, Yifan Zhou, Jiang Chang, Ying Xian, Ling Mao, Candong Hong, Shengcai Chen, Yong Wang, Hailing Wang, Man Li, Huijuan Jin, Bo Hu :: SSRN

tPA is being floated as a potential treatment for ARDS. Is There a Role for Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) as a ... : Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery

Obviously any old person with a fever will present with a change in MS. Anything else to prepare for (other than being repurposed as an intern)?

Members don't see this ad.

Alteration of smell and taste I couldn't care less about.

Stroke I guess I can see since they become hypercoagulable, however I've seen a good amount of patients with ARDS intubated on a heparin drip anyway.

Miller-Fisher syndrome or GBS or even hemorrhagic encephalitis can happen with other viruses/viral illnesses so hardly surprising and I don't think specific to COVID.

I have seen breakthrough seizures in epileptic patients as a presentation, and I guess focal status might be plausible. I honestly don't want to give other docs more reasons to consult us as it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anoxic encephalopathy is the most common thing I’ve seen thus far

Reactions: 1 user