Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interested in helping improving outcomes and efficiency through insights derived from population health informatics, and recently read an article that described how clinical pathologists may be in a unique position to provide this service. I don't see myself practicing AP in the future. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to going straight to an industry position after med school, but I worry that not having some subspecialty training will place a ceiling on my career. I'm MD-only by the way.
1. Is it a bad idea to go into CP if my main interest is population health informatics? Is it a better idea to do a post-doc or go right into industry?
2. Would being CP-only severely limit my marketability, even if my main selling point was informatics?
Appreciate any advice anyone can provide!
1. Is it a bad idea to go into CP if my main interest is population health informatics? Is it a better idea to do a post-doc or go right into industry?
2. Would being CP-only severely limit my marketability, even if my main selling point was informatics?
Appreciate any advice anyone can provide!