CP questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

randomlogik

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my first interview scheduled for next week. I'm trying to make a list of questions that I will want to ask, and I am having trouble coming up with anything for CP side. Anyone have any suggestions?
 
You can ask them if their residents have any opportunities to go on lab inspections when they send teams (CAP, etc).
 
What I was told were some important things to ask about:

1) Call (cover the service you are on vs the entire cp side)
2) Protected CP time (ie cant get pulled off your CP rotation to cover AP rotations)
3) Number of didactics, conferences, and any other board prep offered by the dept.

Also, if there are fellows within CP, you could potentially ask what is expected of them and how they impact resident education (do they have teaching responsibilities/help out with the service vs are they in a lab most of the time?)