CPLEE Evidence Codes, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

White Lotus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All. To what extent do we need to know the code numbers for the CPLEE? For example do we need to know the number for each type of exception to privilege and psychiatric hold, or just know what the exceptions to privilege and holds are? I'm taking the test in a week. Any help you can offer is appreciated! Any study tips? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All. To what extent do we need to know the code numbers for the CPLEE? For example do we need to know the number for each type of exception to privilege and psychiatric hold, or just know what the exceptions to privilege and holds are? I'm taking the test in a week. Any help you can offer is appreciated! Any study tips? Thanks so much!

It's fair game to ask material relating to each code/hold characteristics. Since the test form changes every few months, my experience (from a year ago) won't be like yours in terms of whether you can expect to see it on the test or not. I'd memorize the info to be on the safe side, I would say!

Study it all. IME, the CPLEE was difficult and required a more nuanced understanding of CA laws. It is still very passable, but will require a little bit more reasoning/test-taking strategy than the EPPP.