CPR certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MetsFan15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to take a CPR class for health care providers before I begin school. Does anyone have an preferences for a certain provider?

Members don't see this ad.

I did mine through the American Heart Association. The course was quick, cheap, and easy.

Did mine through the American Heart Association as well. I was going to do it through the Red Cross, but my school said it had to be through the AHA. Make sure to check that the course meets the requirements for your school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you take the basic life support course through the AHA. That is the new standard as opposed to the first aid+CPR+AED course. They're basically the same course, but basic life support is for health care providers.

My (PTA) school hooked us up with an AHA BLS teacher that offered to teach us as a group at a deeply discounted price. I'd assume your school would have told you this were an option if it indeed were, but it doesn't hurt to ask your school if they have a partnership with any teacher/group in particular that might grant you a discount just for being a PT student at ____ college.