CPR Certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get CPR certified for dental school? There are a lot of places online with a wide variety of costs.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the Red Cross, they've normally got cheap/free classes going on. Are you sure your school isn't going to have one for you? We had one during orientation week.

Yes, we have to get CPR certified on our own. I looked at the local red cross class. It’s 8 hours and 70 dollars. Anyone know if the online CPR certification is valid in dental school? It’s cheaper and less time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know you want to save some money, however being a certified lifeguard, I can tell you any online course will be inadequate. There is no substitute for practicing those skills on dummies/people. Furthermore, I don't think many people would be coming to my pool if they knew I took an online course for CPR. Do it right, pay the money and go to the Red Cross.

I agree with Mgobowl. Some classes are okay to take online. Some, we just have to be there for our benefits and hence for the benefits of those we serve/help. I'm going to a two days class for CPR and AED next week.