CPRS Templates - post your fav ones here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twitch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would probably help folks here rotating through the VA esp with the repetitive nature of the notes.

I was trying to get the labs to come out in standard format, something along the lines:
Code:
[B]chem[/B] |Na, 1d|,|K, 1d|, |Cl, 1d|, |Co2 1d|, |BUN, 1d|, |Cr, 1d|
[B]cbc[/B] |WBC, 1d|, |Hgb, 1d|, |Hct, 1d|, |Platelets, 1d|

But couldn't quite get it right . Anyone have one that they work with?

Members don't see this ad.

The best I can offer is to tell you to go to the labs, create a chart for the last few days and copy and paste it into your note.

Ooh...

I seem to remember in the VISTA system, there was some way you could create a template that included form data, and if you did it right, the system would simply pull the results into your note.

Of course, it's been well over a year and a half since I spent any time at the VA (hooray for peds!), so I couldn't begin to tell you how to do it. Maybe your residents know? You may try looking through the templates for VA's other than your own. My school, in Omaha, had a template specifically for students. Again, there's some way to do this, and I don't recall it being that difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooh...

I seem to remember in the VISTA system, there was some way you could create a template that included form data, and if you did it right, the system would simply pull the results into your note.

Of course, it's been well over a year and a half since I spent any time at the VA (hooray for peds!), so I couldn't begin to tell you how to do it. Maybe your residents know? You may try looking through the templates for VA's other than your own. My school, in Omaha, had a template specifically for students. Again, there's some way to do this, and I don't recall it being that difficult.

Yeah, that's what I did - when you go into the templates, right click and hit "insert patient data object", then scroll down and there is an option for all labs within the past 24 hours.

I liked using Microsoft Word or any word processor with the AutoCorrect feature so that you can type in keyboard shortcuts that spit out huge blocks of preformatted text. It's great when you can type something like ".cranial" and the entire cranial nerve exam appears on the screen. You can also do this for medical abbreviations like CTAB. So if you type ".ctab" the words "clear to auscultation bilaterally" appear magically on the screen. It saves a lot of time.