CPST and premed

Started by JPZ16974
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JPZ16974

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone new to the forums here and could use some advice.

I'm 30 and have no degrees and work a full time M-F job as an account representative, it's been a skill I've had my entire life to always do my best and help people and I'm considering becoming a doctor maybe a pediatrician? 🙂 I would want to transfer to a CalState and then do a degree in biochemistry with fingers cross to even get considered for medschool.

Right now I'm working on starting up school again to finish up my A.S. (from a 7 year hiatus) and I had a 1.9 GPA from making some bad decisions. I had a previous job as a customer service rep where I had the option to become a CPST (Ceritified Passenger Safety Technician) and help parents understand the proper installation of their child's car seat and volunteered in workshops to educate, even had a workshop working with a hospital to educate new parents on proper installation.

Would any of you consider a CPST with a good amount of volunteering hours would be worth mentioning or is it completely unrelated? I could use some opinions and help to see if this is something I could pursue or is it too late?