Crack DAT and DAT bootcamp RC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tmoneymaj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've takin the first two bootcamp reading comprehension practice sections and recieved a 19 on both. I needed more passages so I purchased 5 from crack DAT as well and took the first one today and recieved a 16. My DAT is like 3 weeks away and I've always struggled with reading comprehension. I currently use a method where I skim through the passage and make a note or two for each paragraph to leave a large amount of time to answer questions. I noticed that the crack DAT has way more tone and inference questions. My question is which one is more similar to the actual DAT RC? Im not sure if it was a fluke that I got a 16 or the crack DAT RC is simply that much tougher then Bootcamp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I remember scoring really poorly on the first crack reading test as well. My scores improved significantly the more I took so maybe the first one was just incredibly hard or something because I didn't really change my strategy much. Definitely take a couple more before freaking out.

I haven't taken a bootcamp test yet so I can't really compare the two

Yeah I got a 14 on the first one on crack the dat and 19+ on the next 3. I think the first one is just a little off.

I'm not trying to bash the crack program AT ALL but I wonder if they don't make the first one harder on purpose. The first one is free if you buy one of the other packages (I think) so they probably think that if you take the first one and score badly you'll be more inclined to buy the rest of the package... I think that's exactly what I did actually haha. Out of the three that I took I went from a 16 to a 19 to a 22 and although I felt more comfortable with my method by the third test I definitely don't think it was a 6 point difference!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed! I got a 16 on my first then a 18 and then a 20. Don't freak out :) Just make sure you are comfortable with your strategy. If you've practiced it and it works for you then you will be fine :)