Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Crack DAT Math = 16

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by salamanda, Jan 6, 2009.

1. salamanda

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hhju

#1 salamanda, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. adizzle87

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got something like 17 on my first try because I forgot all my trig functions...this is pretty normal. Once I got down the values of the trig fxns of π/6, π/3, AllStudentsTakeCalculus, and all that stuff, I went up to a 20+. I reccomend taking one every couple of days and near test day once a day. After 3-5 tests I've been scoring 21+ so don't be discouraged. Know that most of the time there are shortcuts to the way problems are solved e.g. knowing your common triangles in solving for a much bigger triangle, is important because it can save you lots of time to do the harder permutation and combination questions.

Don't stress, so long as you learn from your mistakes and learn how to approach a problem it will be fine.

4. salamanda

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Jjk

#3 salamanda, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  5. gentile1225

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    the sat math books aren't too bad either, the only problem with them is that they are made to use calculators with so a lot of the answers are very close in value, but it is good for review. the qr problems on the real thing are usually very exact, easy numbers. nothing to crazy.

definitely know the trig though, ive seen people say kaplan bb is pretty good so i just started using that.

6. ajlst11

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just took the same exact test. It was the 1st time I took one of the tests for QR and I got a 20. My score was a 30/40. This is very odd because I am usually very very good in math. I got over a 700 on SAT, so a 20 is below my expectations. The odd thing is that I did take a Kaplan QR test a few months ago when I first decided to take the DAT, and I got a 37/40 which was a 26 I think. I dont know if the CDP #2 is a very tough one, but I think it has more confucing/odd questions in it. Either way, I have not studied any trig or anything at all for this section so maybe if I study and take it again the score will go up. If I take any other ones I will try to compare them and post the results for you. But I definately feel the same way as you, it seemed a lot harder than I expected. Good luck in the future.

7. brightsmiles9

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    How'd crack dat math help you? any feedback will be great