CRACK DAT PAT Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

porschex911x

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question to people who have taken the DAT and have done the CRACK PAT DAT. How is the CRACK PAT DAT comparably to the real exam? I feel overall its not too bad a lot harder than Kaplan, it makes it look like a joke. The hole punching on the CRACK PAT DAT is ridiculous hard. Everything else is not so bad but hole punching is crazy. I feel that Kaplan is a lot easier with hole punching. I wanted to know if anybody felt the same way i did. I greatly appreciate your comments. Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.

did you take the kaplan course? i bought the kaplan book and found PAT not easy, comparable to CRACK.

yes, crack dat pat holepunching is definately harder...but if you can do it, you won't be surprised by any folds...some ppl have commented that they were surprised by some of the folds they saw when they took the dat...that they never knew about with kaplan...
i don't think its too hard to understand if you have the program that does the 3d explanations...i just watch em fold it about 2 or 3 times...and it helps...

i have to retake my dat next week cuz when i went to take it a week ago there was a power outage....i pretty much sailed through the pat...thanks to crack dat pat... and the holepunching on the dat was a joke...same with cube counting...the only thing that caught me off guard a little bit was they have 6 figures...most practice tests have 5...also, they had a high number of cubes (like 6 or 7) as an answer choice...
-ld

Thanks for the reply, yah i was having problems with the hole punching it just drained my time and evrythin is else is all right i get like 12,13,14 out of 15. But CRACK PAT Hole punching is crazy hard. But I am getting better. G luck on DATs hope no more power outages. hahha. oh yeah thanks for the heads up on the cube counting. yah and kaplan hole punching is a joke i shot thru that quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, crack dat pat holepunching is definately harder...but if you can do it, you won't be surprised by any folds...some ppl have commented that they were surprised by some of the folds they saw when they took the dat...that they never knew about with kaplan...
i don't think its too hard to understand if you have the program that does the 3d explanations...i just watch em fold it about 2 or 3 times...and it helps...

i have to retake my dat next week cuz when i went to take it a week ago there was a power outage....i pretty much sailed through the pat...thanks to crack dat pat... and the holepunching on the dat was a joke...same with cube counting...the only thing that caught me off guard a little bit was they have 6 figures...most practice tests have 5...also, they had a high number of cubes (like 6 or 7) as an answer choice...
-ld

I haven't check out the full tests yet, but only going through bonus questions.

So far hell yea! The hole punching and angles are superhard! A few degree apart? It caught me offguard when I was practicing the bonus and saw choices such as 9,10,11,12,13. I was like ... are they serious? Krazy!

How long does it take for you guys on avg to answer one of their hole punching or cube? Target is 40 sec per question right?

Although the Crack the DAT is very difficult, I'd say same difficulty as Achiever (except Achiever's pattern foldings are harder), it prepares you well for the real PAT. If you can figure out how to reliably and quickly do the angles, TFE, and hole punching on the Crack the DAT (their strongest sections IMO), then taking a "normal" PAT from Kaplan will show you how good you've gotten. I rate it as probably the best PAT program out right now. Good luck!

I'm getting low score on Crack DAT.

If anyone originally score low on it, but manage somehow to score on high on it later, please share the technique on how you do it.

I have a question and didn't see a point to starting a new thread:

I have already taken the DAT once, but for my second time I decided to study with Crack DAT PAT. Does anyone know how the top/front/end questions compare to the real thing?

I feel like on Crack PAT, about 13 or 14 of the 15 questions you can just solve by the "number of events" method. But when I took the DAT last year it seemed like that method didn't work for any of the questions (all answers had the same number of events)

I have a question and didn't see a point to starting a new thread:

I have already taken the DAT once, but for my second time I decided to study with Crack DAT PAT. Does anyone know how the top/front/end questions compare to the real thing?

I feel like on Crack PAT, about 13 or 14 of the 15 questions you can just solve by the "number of events" method. But when I took the DAT last year it seemed like that method didn't work for any of the questions (all answers had the same number of events)

Yead, the counting lines method does not work on the real thing. From what i read from these people is that you have to imagine 3D at the same time with counting lines on the TFE.

Beware that the keyholes are easier in the crack dat compare to the real thing