Crack DAT PAT Wrong Question/Answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkhan27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering whether this question is right. I don't know why one of my questions is wrong on Crack DAT PAT? See below:

For the first one, I know its not B or C. To me it looks like it can be both A and/or D (see below both pictures). I have included the textual pattern folding explanation of how I see both A and D being right:

Even though I got the question wrong because I chose choice A, in their video they had said that A is the right answer. Also, choice D changed and is not the same in their video explanation compared to the Test answer choice (see below):

Crack DAT PAT has some things that it doesn't explain really well. Hopefully it doesn't happen on the next ones. I was hoping to get a start with this since its easier and then move onto Bootcamp.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it has to do with how the side faces are diagonally sloped. If you look, the difference between choices A and D is that D has slopes for the side faces that match more fittingly with the figure than A.

Ignore the last answer image because that's obviously a garbage error by CDP.

Yeah, I can see why it is not A in hindsight. Take into account the sloped sides that are attached to the solid black face