Crack DAT PAT Wrong Question/Answer

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by mkhan27, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. mkhan27

mkhan27 2+ Year Member

Mar 18, 2011
    I have been wondering whether this question is right. I don't know why one of my questions is wrong on Crack DAT PAT? See below:

For the first one, I know its not B or C. To me it looks like it can be both A and/or D (see below both pictures). I have included the textual pattern folding explanation of how I see both A and D being right:

Even though I got the question wrong because I chose choice A, in their video they had said that A is the right answer. Also, choice D changed and is not the same in their video explanation compared to the Test answer choice (see below):

Crack DAT PAT has some things that it doesn't explain really well. Hopefully it doesn't happen on the next ones. I was hoping to get a start with this since its easier and then move onto Bootcamp.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. neoking77

neoking77 7+ Year Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I think it has to do with how the side faces are diagonally sloped. If you look, the difference between choices A and D is that D has slopes for the side faces that match more fittingly with the figure than A.

Ignore the last answer image because that's obviously a garbage error by CDP.

4. discensdentibus

discensdentibus 2+ Year Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Yeah, I can see why it is not A in hindsight. Take into account the sloped sides that are attached to the solid black face