Crack DAT PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dota

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just did a practice hole punching on CDP and was wondering how it is compared to the real DAT test?

Hole Punching for me is the only part I'm struggling with and I'm getting like 9 to 10 / 15 on CDP and am sad.

Other sections I'm nailing it pretty well, it's just that section.

Thx for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the actual DAT yet, but I can suggest that you try the 4x4 grid method for hole punching. My first 4 crack dat exams I was getting 19s and then I started to do the 4x4 grid and also started to get better on angles and got a 23 on my latest one. Basically, make a 4x4 grid on your paper and then mark where the original hole is and then you can unfold the paper in your head while you keep track of the holes on the grid. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but you can also check out this thread and it explains it at some point I believe: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528643&page=5

I think I remember reading from some peoples reviews that the PAT is slightly easier on the actual DAT compared to crack DAT, but I've also heard others say some sections are easier and I can't remember which. Try out that grid technique and see if it helps. It takes a little time at first, but once you get used to it you can get them done pretty quick.

Thanks alot of the link and advice.
Yea, I assumed hole punching would be a sinch until I got pwned while doing CDP section for it.

are we allowed scrap paper during the exam?

also does the Crack the Pat help with the fitting and the views? I have a lot of trouble understanding the mechanisms behind those.

Members don't see this ad :)
are we allowed scrap paper during the exam?

also does the Crack the Pat help with the fitting and the views? I have a lot of trouble understanding the mechanisms behind those.

Dry erase board. I think just practice in general helps with any section of the PAT.

Hey Everyone,

I just did a practice hole punching on CDP and was wondering how it is compared to the real DAT test?

Hole Punching for me is the only part I'm struggling with and I'm getting like 9 to 10 / 15 on CDP and am sad.

Other sections I'm nailing it pretty well, it's just that section.

Thx for the feedback.

First of all, the CDP hole punching is like 5 times harder than the real DAT's hole punch (and I am not the only person who took the DAT who will testify to this)

Secondly, if your starting with 9 to 10 correct, you should be happy, I remember when I started I was getting like 7's and 8s. By time I was done with my 8th CDP test, I was getting like 12's and 13's.

The good news is, because CDP is so hard with the hole punching, your going to fly through the real DAT's portion cause its going to be a piece of cake.

The only way to get a used version would entail buying a laptop with it on. It really isn't too expensive for the 10 test one (I think around 150 dollars or so maybe?). I would suggest going with that.