Crack the DAT newbie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmeleeF

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Just bought the CDP from the company website and I have no idea how to use it. All I see are practice problems, which I understand it is important to practice for the PAT, but do they have strategies and such. I don't feel like I can learn by making the same mistakes over and over again. It also doesn't make the PAT any easier. I feel like once I crack the software, I'll get much more out of it than just taking a practice test. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I Just bought the CDP from the company website and I have no idea how to use it. All I see are practice problems, which I understand it is important to practice for the PAT, but do they have strategies and such. I don't feel like I can learn by making the same mistakes over and over again. It also doesn't make the PAT any easier. I feel like once I crack the software, I'll get much more out of it than just taking a practice test. :scared:

Pure practice. Software does not provide any strategy. Do a search on this forum on the different strategies people use for different parts of the PAT.

Have you done the Kaplan blue book yet for the PAT? Because if you haven't I suggest really looking into it. It builds confidence and the basic skills that you need for the PAT. Once you build up the confidence and that basic skill set along with looking for strategies that are found in SDN for the different sections of the PAT you will be able to practice those strategies with Crack DAT.

Crack DAT is not something you learn from in the beginning. You can only attain that knowledge through doing there practice tests over and over making yourself familiarized with the format of the real PAT. Thats what I believe the real usefulness comes from for Crack DAT. Let me know if you have any more questions

Links that might help:
predds.net (look for PAT strategies here)
Ross's pat videos: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=11020986
My wicked sick pat tutorial: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528643

These are all sources where you can learn strategies from and apply them to the practice tests given in Crack DAT

Have you done the Kaplan blue book yet for the PAT? Because if you haven't I suggest really looking into it. It builds confidence and the basic skills that you need for the PAT. Once you build up the confidence and that basic skill set along with looking for strategies that are found in SDN for the different sections of the PAT you will be able to practice those strategies with Crack DAT.

Crack DAT is not something you learn from in the beginning. You can only attain that knowledge through doing there practice tests over and over making yourself familiarized with the format of the real PAT. Thats what I believe the real usefulness comes from for Crack DAT. Let me know if you have any more questions

Links that might help:
predds.net (look for PAT strategies here)
Ross's pat videos: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=11020986
My wicked sick pat tutorial: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528643

These are all sources where you can learn strategies from and apply them to the practice tests given in Crack DAT

Lol, you spend a lot of time helping people up here HL. Shouldn't you be doing this after your DAT? hehe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, you spend a lot of time helping people up here HL. Shouldn't you be doing this after your DAT? hehe.

The only reason I do it is because I kind of want to help people. Since this is the only form of breaks I can really get in the day, I put them to good use rather than watching TV or movies. I feel like this is also good for me as well because the different questions that the posters post help you get an overall understanding of a topic that you went over. Plus it introduces new ways of doing the same problem which could save time. Wish me luck man I have postponed my DAT 2 times now and this time it is set. We storm the beaches on August 5th.

I will be getting off here soon shortly when I start taking practice tests and its more closer to the test date.

The only reason I do it is because I kind of want to help people. Since this is the only form of breaks I can really get in the day, I put them to good use rather than watching TV or movies. I feel like this is also good for me as well because the different questions that the posters post help you get an overall understanding of a topic that you went over. Plus it introduces new ways of doing the same problem which could save time. Wish me luck man I have postponed my DAT 2 times now and this time it is set. We storm the beaches on August 5th.

I will be getting off here soon shortly when I start taking practice tests and its more closer to the test date.

Being able to teach will lay a solid foundation for yourself.
Although, I like my movies and TV haha.

Don't think anyone will feel they are completely ready for the DAT.
It's intimidating for sure, and SDN doesn't help.

August 5th. Big day. Looking forward to your breakdown.

If I were you, I would stop watching movies and TV.

Grow up kiddo, why are you wasting your precious time by watching stupid TV series??

Keep in mind, everyone else on this forum, except you, are working reallly

hard to beat ass off the person like you

Being able to teach will lay a solid foundation for yourself.
Although, I like my movies and TV haha.

Don't think anyone will feel they are completely ready for the DAT.
It's intimidating for sure, and SDN doesn't help.

August 5th. Big day. Looking forward to your breakdown.

Keep in mind, everyone else on this forum, except you, are working reallly

hard to beat ass off the person like you

You need to really get off this forum and start studying for your TOEFL.

I don't even know what you're trying to say.

Is my ass in danger?

Albino,

I am probably going to be very exhausted after that day so I will probably head to LA right after hence me taking it on a friday. LOL The breakdown I can't wait for either, hope its a good one instead of a bad one :xf:

Yoons,

Albino is already done with his DAT. I am sure he is already turned in his app, no need to heckle students who have already put in their share of work.