Crack the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mckpoto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what you all think about using crack the PCAT and Kaplan or is Dr Collins the better option. I have not taken Biology and Chemistry in a while and I plan on taking the PCAT this July. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the PCAT on Nov of 2015. I used Dr. Collins, crack the PCAT and pearson practice.
Dr. Collins is a must. Questions are similar even though I used 2013 version.
Crack the PCAT is useful if you are not familiar with computer-based test. Their interface is really similar to actual PCAT so it gives you more real feel of a test.
FYI I bought 5 sets of test but once you put in the activation code they ask you to upgrade to 10 sets which I am not sure but it was way cheaper than what you would buy 10 sets in the first place. However, you wouldn't need to invest more money in this because there were many questions with wrong answers.
Since I used 2013 version of Dr. Collins, there were no questions like paragraph questions (I don't know what it's called) in Bio and Chem section. I got to experience that type of question. The interface was not similar at all and questions were more like Dr. Collin's but little bit more difficult than Dr. Collin's.

If I were you, I would buy Dr. Collins and Crack the PCAT (5 sets). If your Dr. Collins is not current, I would buy Pearson practice exam.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I took the PCAT on Nov of 2015. I used Dr. Collins, crack the PCAT and pearson practice.
Dr. Collins is a must. Questions are similar even though I used 2013 version.
Crack the PCAT is useful if you are not familiar with computer-based test. Their interface is really similar to actual PCAT so it gives you more real feel of a test.
FYI I bought 5 sets of test but once you put in the activation code they ask you to upgrade to 10 sets which I am not sure but it was way cheaper than what you would buy 10 sets in the first place. However, you wouldn't need to invest more money in this because there were many questions with wrong answers.
Since I used 2013 version of Dr. Collins, there were no questions like paragraph questions (I don't know what it's called) in Bio and Chem section. I got to experience that type of question. The interface was not similar at all and questions were more like Dr. Collin's but little bit more difficult than Dr. Collin's.

If I were you, I would buy Dr. Collins and Crack the PCAT (5 sets). If your Dr. Collins is not current, I would buy Pearson practice exam.

Good luck!