Crack the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted798281

Does anyone know anything about crack the PCAT? Is it worth the money? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about crack the PCAT? Is it worth the money? Thank you
I bought this a couple months ago. It is very useful in terms of simulating test conditions. There are some MAJOR FLAWS associated with it. Some of the questions can not be answered. I don't mean that I don't understand them. I mean that the question will refer you to a figure or image that is not viewed in the passage or question text. Aside from this, some questions are misaligned with the answer choices, so you are unable to answer correctly because of the mismatch. Furthermore, some of the result explanations are also misaligned or off topic from the question you are trying to review. For $250, these sorts of kinks should be worked out. This software is more than the exam, and is extremely useful and challenging, but I expect there to be a higher level of quality in this product. Overall, it is still worth it IMO, but due to the high cost/faulty quirks, I would rate this at 7-8/10.

On a side note, if you happen to encounter some issues (like I did) with your computer going down, it is $50 for another license. Unfortunately, this is what I have had to do...

They do update it periodically, so the software does reflect the current version of the PCAT, and incorporates a proportionate level of passage based questions in the bio and chem sections.

Definitely give it a shot if you have the extra cash.

Im currently investing in it now, they send you a link after purchase which is downloadable on a table or laptop.
once downloaded it can be lost if your computer crashes, which happened to me. so you have to reissue or pay extra 50 bucks for the pcat
cram cards and another Crack the pcat software. My advice is that is worth the money because it simulates the exact exam and gives you familiarity
also it has tons of practice tests on all sections including essay, so you can work on your timing. You also tackle a variety of problems, so it prepares you to solve
different problems that I hear are quite more challenging than the actual PCAT... Hope this helps..

Members don't see this ad :)
Theres a computer version for cracking the PCAT? I have the Book version from 2011 but i stopped using it because its the worst book of all time

Theres a computer version for cracking the PCAT? I have the Book version from 2011 but i stopped using it because its the worst book of all time
Yes there is a computer version, I never knew about book version. I think computerized one is much better, gives you more simulation to actual exam

Yes there is a computer version, I never knew about book version. I think computerized one is much better, gives you more simulation to actual exam

Crack the PCAT and Cracking the PCAT are not the same thing. The cracking the pact book is the Princeton Review book with 2 online Tests. Crack the PCAT is a test prep bundle software program. https://crackpcat.com Two different companies

Yea, I don't know why all of the companies have similar names. Crack the PCAT, PCAT Cracker, Cracking the PCAT, etc
loll . yea but I think the software one is the best, better than the book because it gives you the familiarity or actual feel of exam. Are you taking the exam anytime soon or you already taken it?? I am looking for a study pal

I purchased the Crack the PCAT software a month or so before my actual test date. It's not a bad software, but by the same token it's not the best either.

However, the scores I got using the simulated tests were significantly lower than my official score (still unsure why). I also supplemented the software with some online tutorials because I'd forgotten a lot of math and some chem reactions.

My Crack the PCAT scores were all within the range of 50-60 percentile, but I scored a 98 composite on the actual test.

I purchased the Crack the PCAT software a month or so before my actual test date. It's not a bad software, but by the same token it's not the best either.

However, the scores I got using the simulated tests were significantly lower than my official score (still unsure why). I also supplemented the software with some online tutorials because I'd forgotten a lot of math and some chem reactions.

My Crack the PCAT scores were all within the range of 50-60 percentile, but I scored a 98 composite on the actual test.

I haven't taken the real exam yet. Did you think the Crack the PCAT exams were helpful?

I haven't taken the real exam yet. Did you think the Crack the PCAT exams were helpful?
Yea I think it over prepares you especially for the quantitative part. Kaplan quantitative is very weak in preparing you. It has thons of problems for all sections, so you practice a lot. I hear questions are more challenging than actual exam. However, I will be able to give a more better answer when I actually start studying seriously. Working fulltime now so am on hold with the studying. But my advise would be add other preparation tools like master the pcat essay book, Dr Collins and Pearson Tests.