CrackDAT or Bootcamp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bilbany12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm getting ready to start studying for the DAT. I planned on buying DAT Destroyer, Math Destroyer, Chad's vids and reading Cliffs + Feralis. I already went through Barron's DAT book. So with the rest of the money I was going to spend, what should I buy? CrackDATPAT or Bootcamp? Bootcamp has PAT tests, so are they helpful enough?

Members don't see this ad.

Bootcamp harder in some sections and on par in others. CrackDAT in comparison is on par in some sections and a lot easier in Keyholes. I recommend Bootcamp because in my opinion its Keyhole preparation is much better and their answer explanations are significantly more helpful than CrackDAT's, so it's easier to improve from. Also, as you said, being harder is a good thing - it will improve your speed which is an important aspect of the PAT section.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's better to get both resources, but if you have to pick, I'd definitely choose bootcamp over crackDAT.

I have both. Bootcamp has much greater teaching value, especially when you consider their detailed explanations and the generators that give unlimited practice.

I plan to learn and become strong on BC generators, and then do the BC and CDP practice exams.

Reactions: 1 user
I have both. Bootcamp has much greater teaching value, especially when you consider their detailed explanations and the generators that give unlimited practice.

I plan to learn and become strong on BC generators, and then do the BC and CDP practice exams.
When's your test? If recommend starting pat bc tests soon because the generators are too easy in comparison

All you need to do well on the DAT is Bootcamp, Destroyer, Chad and Cliff's + youtube.

I already went through Barron's DAT book.
Be careful, that book is straight up awful. It's full of significant errors. I saw it at Half Price Books and decided to get it on a whim (without knowing anything about it) because I never see DAT prep materials in the real world. Well no wonder someone sold it...

I only did the Science and QR sections of the 2 practice tests, and I did them towards the very end of my studying, so I was able to pick up on most of the errors. It actually made me more confident, knowing I could say "I'm sure this book is wrong and I'm right" (and then confirming this through outside sources, of course)... but if someone begins their studying with this book, I'm worried they would be confused and put at a disadvantage.

I didn't even mention this book in my DAT breakdown because it's so useless/potentially harmful, and I don't want anyone wasting their time, money, or emotions on it.

Example: One of the OC questions asks about hydrohalogenation of an alkene with HI in peroxide (ROOR). The answer in the book states that it will add Anti-Markovnikov, which is soooo wrong. (This would only occur with HBr.) There are many more errors, that's just one that I remember off the top of my head.

All you need to do well on the DAT is Bootcamp, Destroyer, Chad and Cliff's + youtube.

I second that. with a sprinkle of DAT Destroyer. (I had a good amount of biology and gen chem that were similar to each other on the Real DAT and Dat destroyer)

Both, if possible. Bootcamp is a better education whereas Crack is more realistic. I know it seems expensive, but so worth it to do well the first time

Bootcamp harder in some sections and on par in others. CrackDAT in comparison is on par in some sections and a lot easier in Keyholes. I recommend Bootcamp because in my opinion its Keyhole preparation is much better and their answer explanations are significantly more helpful than CrackDAT's, so it's easier to improve from. Also, as you said, being harder is a good thing - it will improve your speed which is an important aspect of the PAT section.
I agree! I used bootcamp, I took 6 PATs and used the generator a lot for the sections I was weak in. Time is very important, 60 min for 90 questions. That's an awfully low ratio of minutes to questions. I ended up finishing my PAT with 7 minutes remaining all because of bootcamp.

@strep mutans i know!!! I was finding errors everywhere. Also, did you find that the tests were very tailored to the exact material they went over in the book? I felt as though all I had to do was a turn a page for the answer, which isn't very challenging. I think it's good to review, but I'm definitely not letting it confuse me because it is not quality!

Thanks for all the help guys :)

@strep mutans i know!!! I was finding errors everywhere. Also, did you find that the tests were very tailored to the exact material they went over in the book? I felt as though all I had to do was a turn a page for the answer, which isn't very challenging. I think it's good to review, but I'm definitely not letting it confuse me because it is not quality!

Thanks for all the help guys :)
I didn't look at the review sections of the book, just did part of the practice tests, but yeah throw that thing away.