cracking the PCAT

Started by TheDuce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheDuce

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just purchased the premium package for $99, looks like a pretty organized program to study from, anyone else using it to study or had success using it? thanks!
 
I bought that as well. The questions were pretty tough in comparison to the other study materials but I will be able to tell you if it helped me tomorrow (once I take my test).
 
Is that the one by Princeton Review? I bought their "Cracking the PCAT" book and I felt that the practice questions were more difficult than questions and practice tests I had from different books, and they were more difficult than the 'official' Pearson PCAT Practice tests. Just my opinion though! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crack the PCAT (software) was very helpful for biology. It seems annoying and very random but trust me randomness is good. Don't be discouraged by low scores (if you get low scores like me). It only helps you when taking the real test. The chem section was harder than the PCAT (way harder!!).
 
yea I used crack the pcat software, pearson, and dr collins to study
Crack the pcat, has really hard questions, but I think it's helpful to understand it.
I scored really low on their practice exams
 
Ya I scored really low on the tests to but dont worry about the scores. I got anywhere from 320-430 most of them around 360-380. It doesn't mean anything trust me. I got a 99% (472) on the chem part and the chem on those were impossible to get even a 430 consistently.
 
Would you say the crack the pcat was similar to actual pcat?

Ya I scored really low on the tests to but dont worry about the scores. I got anywhere from 320-430 most of them around 360-380. It doesn't mean anything trust me. I got a 99% (472) on the chem part and the chem on those were impossible to get even a 430 consistently.
 
Ya I scored really low on the tests to but dont worry about the scores. I got anywhere from 320-430 most of them around 360-380. It doesn't mean anything trust me. I got a 99% (472) on the chem part and the chem on those were impossible to get even a 430 consistently.

were the other sections on crack the pcat good for your test prep? thanks!
 
I just took my pcat today. I got 87 composite score
I used dr.collins, pearson and crack the pcat
I found dr collins to be the most helpful. Crack the pcat is nice if you want to practice your timing and the questions are really hard. But it still doesnt beat dr. Collins
 
I just took my pcat today. I got 87 composite score
I used dr.collins, pearson and crack the pcat
I found dr collins to be the most helpful. Crack the pcat is nice if you want to practice your timing and the questions are really hard. But it still doesnt beat dr. Collins

wow great score, yea I have last years collins material and I just purchased crack the pcat, hoping for the best