Cracking the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSUPharmacy2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased the Cracking the PCAT book. It is by The Princeton Review staff. I am wondering if anyone has used this edition 2012-2013 or previous editions and what they thought about them.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I just purchased the Cracking the PCAT book. It is by The Princeton Review staff. I am wondering if anyone has used this edition 2012-2013 or previous editions and what they thought about them.

I felt like the biology section was full of a lot of information that you didn't need to know, I felt it had more so than the Kaplan book. I don't remember what the rest of the sections were like but I do remembering reselling the book almost immediately because it was similar to the Kaplan book. It might be a good reference guide, but it shouldn't be your only source for the PCAT. I prefer Dr.Collins and the McGraw Hill book which is old but has the most important info you need to know for bio and gives good example problems for chem and even basic reactions for orgo which all u need from orgo anyways.