craming for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akeurogh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i've been cramming for the DAT. My test is next friday 4/9 and i'm almost done with all the material, except ochem. I haven't started the destroyer or taken any practice tests, since I have been studying for only 2 weeks now. However, I have taken the test before, so the material is easy to recall. I also considers myself a crammer. I cram for mostly all my exams and I do relatively well.

What kind of position do you guys think I am in?

thanks for your time guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So i've been cramming for the DAT. My test is next friday 4/9 and i'm almost done with all the material, except ochem. I haven't started the destroyer or taken any practice tests, since I have been studying for only 2 weeks now. However, I have taken the test before, so the material is easy to recall. I also considers myself a crammer. I cram for mostly all my exams and I do relatively well.

What kind of position do you guys think I am in?

thanks for your time guys!

Only you know the answer to that. Most everyone here takes a good deal of time out to study for the DAT. If you want my response, I think you're in poor shape by only taking 2 weeks to study as there's no way to cram your entire undergrad career of material in 2 weeks. Judging by the fact you've taken it before, you can probably agree to some extent that you're doing something wrong.

But that's just my thoughts. As I said, this might work for you and you're the only one who truly knows. If you're on here asking us if you're ready than you truly don't know and if that's the case, I'd get off SDN and get back to cramming.

it all depends on you my friend how well your background is of the natural sciences most ppl spend more time than two weeks i tell you but some people have done it in a month or 3 weeks......if you can spend more time go for it and try to use destroyer as much as you can going into the exam as it will help you a lot along with topscore and kaplan stuff do ur best but in my opinion unless ur really good with the sciences already and are confident dont go in to it. best of luck

well, I always tell people that if they can sit down and do 7-8 hours a day for 4-6 weeks, then they'd be ready to take it.

Your probably pushing close to 12 hours a day (definition of cramming)... so you might be okay with 3 weeks esspeically since this is the 2nd time your studying for it.

I say stick with your initial instincts and don't reschedule. Keep working hard, you only got 1 week left of this bullcrap.

Come back and tell us how well you did :)

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
so i just took my first practice test from Kaplan Online:

Bio: 19
Gchem: 19
Ochem: 19
PAT: 22
RC: 17 :(
QR: 18
TS:19
AA:18

Okay I got really depressed when I saw these scores =/

so i just took my first practice test from Kaplan Online:

Bio: 19
Gchem: 19
Ochem: 19
PAT: 22
RC: 17 :(
QR: 18
TS:19
AA:18

Okay I got really depressed when I saw these scores =/

No reason to be depressed. Practice exams are not indictive of how you'll perform on the real DAT. Before I took my DAT, I only did 1 practice test, and I got like a 17 AA, it was sooo demoralizing that I decided not to do any more practice tests.

Trust me when I tell you this, whatever you get on your practice test WOUN'T BE THE SAME as what you'll get on the real deal. Just learn from those mistakes on the practice tests and move on...

ahhh guys. my test is this friday!! I'm trying to finish up destroyer so I can at least take one more practice test before friday.

This is truly exhausting. People say you're supposed to have fun studying for the DAT. That's not working out for me.

any advice from you wonderful advice givers? lol

here is the bright side... It will all be over in 4 days (today = tuesday)

Keep that mentality as your fuel to push yourself harder for these 4 days.... after that its sunny day walks on california beaches regardless of what you score. Your working hard and deserve a nice break

This is truly exhausting. People say you're supposed to have fun studying for the DAT. That's not working out for me.
I thought you said you were a 'crammer'. Most people don't cram for the DAT. They break it down to about 6-7 hours a day from a month or 2. It can be fun because you are learning things you enjoy and you develop a routine. You bring your snacks, computer to d*ick around on, and music. If you end up rescheduling or taking again, plan out your studying ahead of time.

I thought you said you were a 'crammer'. Most people don't cram for the DAT. They break it down to about 6-7 hours a day from a month or 2. It can be fun because you are learning things you enjoy and you develop a routine. You bring your snacks, computer to d*ick around on, and music. If you end up rescheduling or taking again, plan out your studying ahead of time.

:thumbup: hahaha yeah I always eat my Payday candy bar, FB, SDN, ESPN, and listen to trance and hip hop :laugh: