...CRAP, *ahem* FRAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crg3808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finished my test tonight at 9:30pm and am tired and a little sad. In the biology I came to the dreaded FRAP question! This totally shook me up and my heart started beating so loud inside those horrible headphones. Let me start off by saying this will not be a "how to" post, as I have no idea how to advise studying when my scores don't even match my strengths. This test is such a hodgepodge and I definitely wish I had taken this during college, not after I graduated. I got a C in O Chem (my only one ever tho! but that was 3 years ago...) Anywho, these are my scores:

PA 19
QR 17
RC 18 (be nice, read the thread title)
BIO 16 (wtf?? so sad about this one, I blame the frap freeze syndrome)
GC 19
OC 18
TS 18
AA 18

When I compare myself to you guys I start to get down, but then I realized after reading the Korean remarks that you are all probably the top of the top, amirite???? :D I just want to get into any school, do you think I have a chance with the 16 on Biology and the "average" other scores?
My overall gpa is 3.8 on the dot and my science gpa is 3.77 and I worked in an orthodontist office 3 years. Maybe this will help? Any feedback from you guys would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

oh i dunno, how about:

"Wow someone's gotta give you a chance with those DAT scores. Your scores are probably the best i've seen here on SDN and probably one of the best, if not, the best in the nation - including better than that korean kid who was in the newspaper for getting the "highest score" in the nation. It's such a korean thing to do - to brag through the media about that kinda stuff."

“Haha. What is it with this board and koreans?”

...and the like

You beat the average so good job! You look like a pretty strong applicant from here, although you are applying pretty late for this cycle if thats what you are looking for.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh i dunno, how about:

"Wow someone's gotta give you a chance with those DAT scores. Your scores are probably the best i've seen here on SDN and probably one of the best, if not, the best in the nation - including better than that korean kid who was in the newspaper for getting the "highest score" in the nation. It's such a korean thing to do - to brag through the media about that kinda stuff."

"Haha. What is it with this board and koreans?"

...and the like

Oh, I see. I just read those posts. :p

Last edited:
always a bummer to still see the frap/hard rc version is still circulating...i really hope i don't get one (although i'm curious since i've learned frap in my cellbio course)

always a bummer to still see the frap/hard rc version is still circulating...i really hope i don't get one (although i'm curious since i've learned frap in my cellbio course)

Me too, what school did you attend? Did you learn FRAP when studying the fluid mosaic model?

FRAP bio section is a bizznatch. but u did alright overall...someone should let u in ..gl.

your gpa probably will cover you.

It's just little bit late in terms of timing. Good luck.

You beat the average so good job! You look like a pretty strong applicant from here, although you are applying pretty late for this cycle if that's what you are looking for.

I have completed applications just missing my DAT scores. I'm not just now sending my app off. I wasn't planning on applying this cycle but figured I should just try. I wonder how it would look if I don't retake and still apply next year. Does anyone know how dental schools view those that don't retake?

what schools are you applying to? Those scores are average but the 16 in bio is low if you ask me. Tough, especially when you're applying this late in the cycle.