Crazy Happenings in Pharmacy School

Started by diplomat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

diplomat

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am P3 now and I went to school and found out that a P4, who just completed his rotations and just waiting to take NAPLEX and graduate, was arrested for stealing a laptop from the school. He was charged with Felony Larceny, Felony Tampering/Destroy Evidence, and Marijuana Possesion. If this kid has the best lawyer in the world, what would you say his chances of staying in school and having a career in pharmacy are? Or would you say his career is pretty much toast?

Now that I am about done with the classroom portion of pharmacy school I have seen a lot of crazy stuff. What have you guys seen, heard, or participated in that was ?
 
depending on evidence & previous record, his best option would be to bargain and plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

if that doesn't happen, he's pretty much toast.
 
Last year, a P4 was caught stealing controls from her rotation site; she was selling them to pharmacy students. Her career in pharmacy is history now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am P3 now and I went to school and found out that a P4, who just completed his rotations and just waiting to take NAPLEX and graduate, was arrested for stealing a laptop from the school. He was charged with Felony Larceny, Felony Tampering/Destroy Evidence, and Marijuana Possesion. If this kid has the best lawyer in the world, what would you say his chances of staying in school and having a career in pharmacy are? Or would you say his career is pretty much toast?

Now that I am about done with the classroom portion of pharmacy school I have seen a lot of crazy stuff. What have you guys seen, heard, or participated in that was ?

Damn diploma mills, letting in petty two-bit thieves and potheads.
 
I am P3 now and I went to school and found out that a P4, who just completed his rotations and just waiting to take NAPLEX and graduate, was arrested for stealing a laptop from the school. He was charged with Felony Larceny, Felony Tampering/Destroy Evidence, and Marijuana Possesion. If this kid has the best lawyer in the world, what would you say his chances of staying in school and having a career in pharmacy are? Or would you say his career is pretty much toast?

Now that I am about done with the classroom portion of pharmacy school I have seen a lot of crazy stuff. What have you guys seen, heard, or participated in that was ?

Assuming that this person graduates (odds are fair to good- depends on the school) and gets a pharmacist license (looking really bleak at the moment- state BOPs don't grant licenses to people w/drug offenses)...Who would hire this person?
 
Assuming that this person graduates (odds are fair to good- depends on the school) and gets a pharmacist license (looking really bleak at the moment- state BOPs don't grant licenses to people w/drug offenses)...Who would hire this person?

I don't think marijuana possession is that big of a deal unless there is intent to sell. When did the guy get arrested? If it was on Tuesday, don't they know it is 420 (National Smoke Weed Day)?
 
Last year, a P4 was caught stealing controls from her rotation site; she was selling them to pharmacy students. Her career in pharmacy is history now.

288bbrn.gif
 
I just don't understand the idiot inside of these thieves. They are willing to risk their years of hard work to get small bucks... That's like a ******ed doctor who gets his licensed revoked after selling illegal rxs w/o sufficient diagnosis to drug addicts
 
I had a friend that was arrested when he was 19 for marijuana. Afterwards he went to pharmacy school, graduated, has a great job now. His record was expunged.

I just don't know if this guy can bounce back from 2 felony charges and a drug charge.
 
There are jobs that exist for pharmD's that don't necessarily require a RPh license. this is especially true if the person is willing to do some extra training.