Crazy idea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically Im fairly bored most nights and hate dating scene at the moment, sooooo I was thinking about something crazy like adopting. But I dont want to care for a baby, I want to adopt someone fairly self sufficient because I cant even keep a plant alive. Okay, honest opinions would a single 30ish year old guy inquiring about adopting a teen send the FBI crawling up my @ss? Im thinking this might be dangerous. My other option was going to business school at night.

Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Most people I know gripe about being a parent (sure, sure, superficially they will say it's great, and even like it when it is fresh, they are cute and young, or before they become teenagers bent on homicide). However, I digress.
BUT most people seem to LOVE being a grandparent. So I've thought of adopting a single mom, maybe a recent widow. Then, instant grandparenthood.
Or maybe an MBA over the Internet.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
male or female teen?

Do you guys have those ads in paper of 'young Ingrid' who needs a sponsoring home as a foreign exchange student? The girl is always some Nordic goddess who would ruin your life!

bente said:
Do you guys have those ads in paper of 'young Ingrid' who needs a sponsoring home as a foreign exchange student? The girl is always some Nordic goddess who would ruin your life!

I made inquiries into getting a nanny from Sweden last year and splitting the cost with a buddy, but apparently that is illegal. Sucks.

LADoc00 said:
I made inquiries into getting a nanny from Sweden last year and splitting the cost with a buddy, but apparently that is illegal. Sucks.

:laugh: Why is it illegal? Immoral maybe, but not illegal.

I don't think the FBI would come chasing after you if you inquired about adoption - they will probably do a background check and everything but that's it.

Get a dog- there's plenty of animals that need a good home and no worries of legal trouble here. Also, chicks dig guys walking or rollerblading with a big dog like a shepherd or a retriever. Subliminally, it says "Oh, look what a good daddy he'd be..." And then you tell them you adopted the dog from a shelter where he was next in line to be gassed- that's the REAL panty-dropper.
Good luck, LADoc. :)

cjw0918 said:
Get a dog- there's plenty of animals that need a good home and no worries of legal trouble here. Also, chicks dig guys walking or rollerblading with a big dog like a shepherd or a retriever. Subliminally, it says "Oh, look what a good daddy he'd be..." And then you tell them you adopted the dog from a shelter where he was next in line to be gassed- that's the REAL panty-dropper.
Good luck, LADoc. :)

Problem is my work hours and the fact that I live in an apartment, a dog wouldnt work, Ive thought about it. I like the "panty-dropper" concept though, you rock! Im gonna start using that line.

I once tossed around the idea of getting some really unique pet like a piglet or better yet a liger, how sweet would that be! But alas, I doubt it would work. The au pair plan is cool, I could learn a foreign language, be introduced to new cultural aspects and always have someone to entertain me so I dont end up bothering Bananaface:) with my oh so disturbing yet amusing IMs.
Au pair plan I see as kind of a "lease with the option to buy" type thing where adoption might be too much for me. Dunno.

LADoc00 said:
Basically Im fairly bored most nights and hate dating scene at the moment, sooooo I was thinking about something crazy like adopting. But I dont want to care for a baby, I want to adopt someone fairly self sufficient because I cant even keep a plant alive. Okay, honest opinions would a single 30ish year old guy inquiring about adopting a teen send the FBI crawling up my @ss? Im thinking this might be dangerous. My other option was going to business school at night.

Opinions?

What happened to your girlfriend?

AndyMilonakis said:
Him and his hand had the long talk and decided to break up.

My hand and I are nevah parted biotch.

We are just having a bit of tension due to reluctance of one party to use proper lubrication. It will settled diplomatically very soon and all will be right in the universe later tonight. :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
jeff2005 said:
What happened to your girlfriend?

Why does a girlfriend preclude adopting or a 6 foot blond swedish nanny? I want it all!

bananaface said:
I propose that this thread be renamed "TMI: Read at your own risk".
It's sensationalist! Sex sells ;) I predict that it will become the most read thread on SDNPath of all time, surpassing even the Interviews 2003/2004, 2004/2005, Random and Eureka threads combined.

Yeah, but the title doesn't draw people in. If the title was, "Swedish nanny sex" then no doubt it would draw many people in, including many from pre-allo and probably a lot of surgeons as well.

yaah said:
Yeah, but the title doesn't draw people in. If the title was, "Swedish nanny sex" then no doubt it would draw many people in, including many from pre-allo and probably a lot of surgeons as well.

I want it to go on record that I would nevah pay for some foreign girl to come live with me just because I want to get all over her nubile body...thats just plain wrong.

...Unless she was really really hot, then all bets are off. Some things (and women) are worth the potential of going to hell for....

yaah said:
Shall we test the theory? :)

DrMom would probably move it to the lounge though.

deschutes said:
Shall we test the theory? :)

DrMom would probably move it to the lounge though.

Nah - I think we are fine for now. It would probably devolve into a discussion on proper histo staining techniques anyway. ;)

yaah said:
Nah - I think we are fine for now. It would probably devolve into a discussion on proper histo staining techniques anyway. ;)
nah...it would devolve into a discussion about excrement.

AndyMilonakis said:
nah...it would devolve into a discussion about excrement.
I am surprised you would allow "devolve" to be used in the same sentence as "excrement". My understanding of your position is that poo should always be elevated, not denigrated. :p

deschutes said:
I am surprised you would allow "devolve" to be used in the same sentence as "excrement". My understanding of your position is that poo should always be elevated, not denigrated. :p
you're right. poo must be revered. poo must be worshipped. poo must be placed on a pedestal higher than all other pedestals. poo must be given presents. poo must be given flowers and cards. poo deserves animal sacrifices in its honour. poo must be held in highest regard. poo is first class. poo must be carried in a lunch bag, not a biohazard bag. poo is beautiful. poo is elegant. poo is life.

may the god of poo have mercy on my soul.

LADoc00 said:

Opinions?

Hey LADoc,
I was very recently in your fair city and saw the headlines about the Little Leaguer jacking a tater off another kid's noggin. One shot, dead. Maybe you could adopt him??!
The other headline was of a Drew resident (former?) sexually molesting a former patient in a hotel room. You need to give me a different perspective on LA, so I'm impressed. (include pix).
I hear Wharton has night classes in International Hotel Mgt; this semester's on Scandanavian massage parlors to increase your bottom line.