Crazy Interview Questions - Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperC

SuperC DMD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found this on the net... thought it might help the kids out there.
Here is the link...
http://www.quintcareers.com/wild_card_interview_questions.html

Picture yourself in this scene: You're in a job interview. Everything is going better than you imagined it could. You look professional and fabulous. You are totally prepared. You are on a roll. You're nailing every interview question. You feel wonderful rapport with your interviewer. Suddenly, out of the blue she asks you:

"Imagine you could trade places with anyone for just a week. The person could be famous or not famous, living or from history, real or fictional. With whom would you trade places?"

It's all you can do to keep your jaw from dropping. You're stunned. You feel your mouth drying up and sweat forming on your forehead. Your head is spinning, and your mind is a blank. You're thinking, why in the world is she asking me this absurd question?

Welcome to the world of the off-the-wall interview question -- weird, wacky, gimmicky, and off-beat "wild card" questions that seem to have nothing to do with your ability to handle a job. If they're irrelevant to job performance, why do employers ask them?

They want to see how well you can think on your feet. They want to see if you'll get rattled. They may want to test your creativity or sense of humor. They want to challenge you. Employers who ask these goofy questions no doubt may feel the questions do relate to job performance. In creating stress by asking you a weird question, the interviewer may be testing how well you'll respond to the stress of the workplace.

Members don't see this ad.

that's not hard, bill gates...cuz he's loaded

Well, I don't think you're really asking us this question. But I feel like answering it bc it's a fun question.

Winston Churchill. He seemed to have been so... inspired.

Members don't see this ad :)
Superman or Indiana Jones