LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
http://www.medhunters.com/job/12155.html

Here is in an interesting ad for a job in Wash state, notice that ad features a flipping lion on a ice sheet looking quite ravenous. What the hell kind of marketing is that??

Yeah, that job looks LEET, let me go there and get my ass eaten while signing out Eskimo pathology. :rolleyes:

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
This one is equally ******ed:

Hello, is that deadish tree next to an unpaved road?? Nice salesmanship.

http://www.medhunters.com/job/21152.html

• Treat your senses to a horseback ride through this amazing scenery
• Watch the bald eagles, take a balloon ride or enjoy a float trip
Watch bald eagles as a selling point for pathology position! hahahaha :laugh:

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Here is an example of a good position:
Description: Position in Southwest Virginia for AP/CP Boarded Pathologist
Dominion Pathology Associates is currently seeking an energetic pathologist to join our growing group. We are a group of ten pathologists providing services to seven regional hospitals and an expanding outreach area. Surgical case volume is approximately 47,000 with 500 bone marrows, 54,000 cytologies (4,000 non-gyn) and 60 autopsies annually. Applicants with fellowship training are strongly encouraged to apply, especially persons with board certification in hematopathology. DPA is based in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwestern Virginia, offering ample opportunities for outdoor activities and a comfortable lifestyle. The successful candidate will be offered an employment position with future partnership potential along with a competitive salary and generous benefits package.

That is likely a 500Ker. Pure and simple. Plus a cost of living index 1/5th SF or NYC.

This would be my pic for that ad:

About the Ads

CameronFrye

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
LADoc00 said:
Here is an example of a good position:

That is likely a 500Ker. Pure and simple. Plus a cost of living index 1/5th SF or NYC.

This would be my pic for that ad:

If I don't stay in academics, that's actually the practice I would like to work for someday (It's my hometown). It's just my luck that they're looking for someone 5 years too early.

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
pathdawg said:
This would be my pic for the ad:

http://www.thedonaldsucks.com/apparel/redneck donald.jpg

Blue Ridge Mountains?

For future reference, when they say "ample opportunities for outdoor activities", that is codeword for NOTHING TO DAMN DO!!!

Lots of opportunities for good country living:

As well as many many good places to dine at:

Also I heard 4th of July is pretty big there:

One danger for us Pathdawg:

They can sneak in the with the rest and then its off to the hanging for us!

djmd

an Antediluvian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Woooo Corporate...

Computerized patient record system so must be able to type well (at least 30wpm)
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm with 30 minute unpaid lunch

Yeah you dont want Pathologist taking paid lunches... Make sure they don't clock out late either.....

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
djmd said:
Woooo Corporate...

Yeah you dont want Pathologist taking paid lunches... Make sure they don't clock out late either.....
link??

CameronFrye

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
pathdawg said:
This would be my pic for the ad:

http://www.thedonaldsucks.com/apparel/redneck donald.jpg

Blue Ridge Mountains?

For future reference, when they say "ample opportunities for outdoor activities", that is codeword for NOTHING TO DAMN DO!!!

Yeah, depending on who you are and what you like, that's probably true to some extent. It's still not Deliverance though. The main hospital in that system is a level 1 trauma center that is expanding to over 900 beds (the second biggest in Virginia).

djmd

an Antediluvian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
LADoc00 said:
http://www.medhunters.com/job/15386.html
Weird Hourly patholgy group said:
• Board Certified/Board Eligible
• Any active state license
• BLS required
• Computerized patient record system so must be able to type well (at least 30wpm)
• Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm with 30 minute unpaid lunch
• Surgical Pathology, Cytology & Autopsies
• We offer competitive compensation
Competitive compensation? They must be able to offer that because they are saving all the money from the 30 minute unpaid lunch...
Wonder if you can get OT? Holiday pay? Hazard Duty pay??? :smuggrin:

edit: damn. I think it is just a sort of Locum Tenens, thing... I guess that makes more sense.. Still sort of funny, but funnier when it seemed like a full time gig...

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
djmd said:
http://www.medhunters.com/job/15386.html

Competitive compensation? They must be able to offer that because they are saving all the money from the 30 minute unpaid lunch...
Wonder if you can get OT? Holiday pay? Hazard Duty pay??? :smuggrin:

edit: damn. I think it is just a sort of Locum Tenens, thing... I guess that makes more sense.. Still sort of funny, but funnier when it seemed like a full time gig...
That ad is totally incorrect. I think its a combination of 2 different job postings that the headhunter group combined into one. Anyway, its a mistake, there is NO WAY even the most crappy pathology job would list 30 min unpaid lunch, in addition pathologists are salaried anyway (even if you are locums the amount is agreed on up front, and its never per hour)...what they did ensure is no one will ever reply to that P.O.S. I would embarrassed to have that ad for my group, someone should reply to them pretending to ask more info and get the group's name! Blacklist!!!

In addition:

Is that a fat guy on a bridge?? WOW, Im sold! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status
Medical Student
LADoc00 said:
In addition:

Is that a fat guy on a bridge?? WOW, Im sold! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Even funnier in that ad is that right next to the picture of the fat dude is the slogan "Virginia is for lovers".

djmd

an Antediluvian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
DW said:
Even funnier in that ad is that right next to the picture of the fat dude is the slogan "Virginia is for lovers".
That dude is clearly by himself, as no one is wlaking with him in the picutre, he needs to GET OUT OF Virginia, they said for lovers, not creapy guys who hang out in the woods...

The ad also mentions right after "Virginia is for lovers",
(pop. 7,386,330)!
Like wow we reproduce? or maybe, look at all the Lovers... we are swingers!

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Expanding regional multi specialty private laboratory is seeking a part time AP or AP/CP board certified pathologist with a minimum experience of 5 years in surgical pathology and with expertise in gynecologic cytopathology. Annual workload is 10,000 surgical cases and 100,000 cytologies.
How the hell is 10,000 surgicals + 100,000 cytologies PART-TIME? Hell or even Full Time? What would the salary be? Like $1,500,000+? Not likely...

djmd

an Antediluvian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
LADoc00 said:
How the hell is 10,000 surgicals + 100,000 cytologies PART-TIME? Hell or even Full Time? What would the salary be? Like $1,500,000+? Not likely...
Maybe that is the total workload for the department??

About the Ads