Create your own ranking of pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

movingfwd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you think are the top 5 pharmacy schools in the US?
create your own ranking
let's have fun with this :D
oh yeah, give your reasons too

Members don't see this ad.

what do you think are the top 5 pharmacy schools in the US?
create your own ranking
let's have fun with this :D
oh yeah, give your reasons too

#1. My school
#2-5. Other schools that I don't really care about but added to meet the minimum requirement of 5 schools.

(I have a feeling this is what most lists are going to look like.)

#1 Midwestern CPG, due to proximity & the fact that my application is getting closer to sitting on their desks.
#2 U of A Tucson, also proximity, although it isn't exactly up the street.
#3 ASU College of Pharmacy at the Downtown Campus. Closer than U of A, but it gets downgraded because it... Isn't open. :smuggrin: (Delayed with unknown open date, last I heard.)
#4-5 TBD

Members don't see this ad :)
#1 Midwestern CPG, due to proximity & the fact that my application is getting closer to sitting on their desks.
#2 U of A Tucson, also proximity, although it isn't exactly up the street.
#3 ASU College of Pharmacy at the Downtown Campus. Closer than U of A, but it gets downgraded because it... Isn't open. :smuggrin: (Delayed with unknown open date, last I heard.)
#4-5 TBD

Wasn't ASU's school of pharmacy sold to U of A? Now, U of A is having a hard time getting it up and running? That is the last I had heard.

Wasn't ASU's school of pharmacy sold to U of A? Now, U of A is having a hard time getting it up and running? That is the last I had heard.

My information is probably more dated than yours. Last I heard, it was a partnership between U of A and ASU. Then ASU cut it because (officially) they ran into budget issues and (unofficially) because the Downtown Campus nursing program is making bank. ;)

Cant believe I used ASU and pharmacy school in the same sentence....I need to go wash my hands.:smuggrin:

#1. My school
#2-5. Other schools that I don't really care about but added to meet the minimum requirement of 5 schools.

(I have a feeling this is what most lists are going to look like.)

pharmcas has a requirement of 5 schools?

Obviously my school #1.

Working with pharmacists/students from certain other institutions, yep again my school on all the latter positions 2-5.

1. UCSF
2. UCSD
3. USC
4. UoP
5. California Northstate

Too bad (coincidentally, these are the five schools I'm applying to ^^).

1. Roseman University (formerly University of Southern Nevada). I can graduate with both a PharmD and an MBA in three years, and I can still actually learn stuff if I try hard enough.
2. Creighton University. For the distance learning program that I thought I might have been able to get into so I could go to school essentially from home.
3. USC. Thought I had a good interview a couple years ago but didn't get in. Got another interview this year but said "meh, forget it."
4. California Northstate College of Pharmacy. Only other school that I actually got an interview at.
5. UCSF. Was inspired by a cool pharmacy student who went there.

Did I do it right, R2?

I'll chime in for the East Coast

1.Pitt
2.Rutgers
3.Buffalo
4.USP
5.Temple

Put my school at #4 just so Temple could be under it :)

I'd rather see a list of rankings created by practicing pharmacists rather than students...

I'd rather see a list of rankings created by practicing pharmacists rather than students...

1. University of Oklahoma
2. Everyone else
Last. University of Texass

ASU is not opening a pharmacy school; UofA is opening a satellite campus in 2013. The Dean and staff have already been hired and they are currently working on logistics.

Huh, so if I don't get in this cycle (but I'm gonna :xf:) they'd be taking applications next year? Thanks for posting more info rxlea & correcting my rumor-milling self. :p

1. The cheapest 3yr school with close proximity.
2. The 2nd cheapest 3 yr school with close proximity.
3. and so on..
4. ...
5. ...