Jun 18, 2011
Status
what do you think are the top 5 pharmacy schools in the US?
create your own ranking
let's have fun with this :D
oh yeah, give your reasons too

R2pharmD2

Moderator Emeritus
Dec 20, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student
what do you think are the top 5 pharmacy schools in the US?
create your own ranking
let's have fun with this :D
oh yeah, give your reasons too
#1. My school
#2-5. Other schools that I don't really care about but added to meet the minimum requirement of 5 schools.

(I have a feeling this is what most lists are going to look like.)

xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
#1 Midwestern CPG, due to proximity & the fact that my application is getting closer to sitting on their desks.
#2 U of A Tucson, also proximity, although it isn't exactly up the street.
#3 ASU College of Pharmacy at the Downtown Campus. Closer than U of A, but it gets downgraded because it... Isn't open. :smuggrin: (Delayed with unknown open date, last I heard.)
#4-5 TBD

About the Ads

Corpseman

7+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
#1 Midwestern CPG, due to proximity & the fact that my application is getting closer to sitting on their desks.
#2 U of A Tucson, also proximity, although it isn't exactly up the street.
#3 ASU College of Pharmacy at the Downtown Campus. Closer than U of A, but it gets downgraded because it... Isn't open. :smuggrin: (Delayed with unknown open date, last I heard.)
#4-5 TBD
Wasn't ASU's school of pharmacy sold to U of A? Now, U of A is having a hard time getting it up and running? That is the last I had heard.

xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
Wasn't ASU's school of pharmacy sold to U of A? Now, U of A is having a hard time getting it up and running? That is the last I had heard.
My information is probably more dated than yours. Last I heard, it was a partnership between U of A and ASU. Then ASU cut it because (officially) they ran into budget issues and (unofficially) because the Downtown Campus nursing program is making bank. ;)

Corpseman

7+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Cant believe I used ASU and pharmacy school in the same sentence....I need to go wash my hands.:smuggrin:

xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
ASU School of Pharmacy: the party PharmD. ;)

Jul 31, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
#1. My school
#2-5. Other schools that I don't really care about but added to meet the minimum requirement of 5 schools.

pharmcas has a requirement of 5 schools?

UES Girl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2007
!!!!!
Status
Pharmacist
Obviously my school #1.

Working with pharmacists/students from certain other institutions, yep again my school on all the latter positions 2-5.

babybull

a baby stock market bull!
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2011
Santa Clarita, CA
Status
Pharmacist
1. UCSF
2. UCSD
3. USC
4. UoP
5. California Northstate

Too bad (coincidentally, these are the five schools I'm applying to ^^).

Mar 26, 2010
now in Nevada
Status
Pharmacy Student
1. Roseman University (formerly University of Southern Nevada). I can graduate with both a PharmD and an MBA in three years, and I can still actually learn stuff if I try hard enough.
2. Creighton University. For the distance learning program that I thought I might have been able to get into so I could go to school essentially from home.
3. USC. Thought I had a good interview a couple years ago but didn't get in. Got another interview this year but said "meh, forget it."
4. California Northstate College of Pharmacy. Only other school that I actually got an interview at.
5. UCSF. Was inspired by a cool pharmacy student who went there.

Did I do it right, R2?

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
I'll chime in for the East Coast

1.Pitt
2.Rutgers
3.Buffalo
4.USP
5.Temple

Put my school at #4 just so Temple could be under it :)

xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
ASU is not opening a pharmacy school; UofA is opening a satellite campus in 2013. The Dean and staff have already been hired and they are currently working on logistics.
Huh, so if I don't get in this cycle (but I'm gonna :xf:) they'd be taking applications next year? Thanks for posting more info rxlea & correcting my rumor-milling self. :p

delano2000

D-Mod likes to parTAY
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacist
I'm liking this thread.:laugh:

#1. My school

1. UoP
2- .every other school.:smuggrin:

About the Ads