Creative Writing for English prereq?

Started by bluesails
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bluesails

Tufts c/o 2018!!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most vet school admissions sites seem to want two terms of English with at least one being a writing or composition course - could the other credit be creative writing since it's still under the english department, or are they looking for a more literary-ish course? Just curious.
 
Hello!

I used creative writing as one of my english composition requirements. I had that and then a freshman english class. Those were the only 2 "english" classes I took. Worked out fine for me. Might want to double check with each individual school though but for the 8 I applied to it seemed to be fine.
 
Might want to double check with each individual school though but for the 8 I applied to it seemed to be fine.
This.

I applied to 16 schools and I didn't have trouble with some of them. There were a couple that had me use my Writing Intensive course in Anthropology as the second english course. It all depends on the schools.
 
I think unless it says "literature" (and I think one school did), any English course should be fine.