• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

on a 1-5 scale, how creative can a dentist usually get? 5=most creative.

Votes: 1 4.8%

Votes: 1 4.8%

Votes: 9 42.9%

Votes: 5 23.8%

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hye345

10+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2006
Central California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Comments may be added here. I ask this question because I'm thinking of becoming a dentist, and I want to be sure that I'm not setting myself up to become a human assembly line. ;)

thewatchtower

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
it is hard to believe that an arbitrary poll on a website would persuade you to make such a huge career decision.......but, i give you a "5" on the creative scale for creating such a worthless poll.

in all seriousness, dentistry is a great field. just make sure to shadow a dentist to make sure you can see yourself doing it for the next 30+ years.

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Since the human body differs so dramatically from one person to the next, and since the entire fields of prosthodontics and restorative dentistry are ALL about creativity, I would say it's one of the most creative professions there is!

Try to shadow a dentist that does a lot of pros...I think within 5 minutes you'll be able to answer your own question.

About the Ads

Fuji

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
You can also get creative with your practice. I don't mean the physical decor, but rather how you set up your business plan, what type of services you offer, what types of patients you see, and the ways in which you give back to the community. I shadowed one dentist who took his whole family to Tonga and established a free dental clinic, and another who teaches elementary school kids who to brush and floss properly.

In dentistry, you're only limited by your own creativity.

hye345

10+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2006
Central California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
it is hard to believe that an arbitrary poll on a website would persuade you to make such a huge career decision.......but, i give you a "5" on the creative scale for creating such a worthless poll.

I wasn't gonna base my career decision on this fact alone. It's just one more factor to consider (especially for me, since I tend to get a little bored by repepetive work).

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.