Credentials on student white coat?

Started by ATCtoDO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATCtoDO

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'll be starting medical school in July and I have a few questions about how my name should be represented on my white coat. Firstly, I am a certified athletic trainer, obviously with the credential "ATC". Would this be acceptable to put on my white coat considering it is a healthcare-related credential (if you aren't aware of what athletic trainers are, please research before assuming I am talking about personal training)? also, I will be finishing my masters in biomedical sciences come May. Would this also be acceptable to put after my name? Would putting both of these make me look like a huge tool? I'm very passionate about my ATC credential since my area of interest is sports medicine/ortho.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Credentials...to do what, sit around and hit a spacebar?

Please, ATC. I am the self-proclaimed forum jester, please don't take offense

UnsightlyNaturalAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.