Credentials on student white coat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATCtoDO

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'll be starting medical school in July and I have a few questions about how my name should be represented on my white coat. Firstly, I am a certified athletic trainer, obviously with the credential "ATC". Would this be acceptable to put on my white coat considering it is a healthcare-related credential (if you aren't aware of what athletic trainers are, please research before assuming I am talking about personal training)? also, I will be finishing my masters in biomedical sciences come May. Would this also be acceptable to put after my name? Would putting both of these make me look like a huge tool? I'm very passionate about my ATC credential since my area of interest is sports medicine/ortho.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yes, massive tool. So, don’t be a tool. You’re going to be a doctor not a np bsn rn lol bbq wtf yolo.

Reactions: 19 users
You should also make sure people refer to you as "Master" ATC16

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Your atc credential means nothing in this context, leave it behind

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you for giving me a real response. Appreciate it
Most student white coats don’t even have anything on them. Not even your name. You have a name badge and card if people want to know your credentials

Reactions: 3 users
Credentials...to do what, sit around and hit a spacebar?

Please, ATC. I am the self-proclaimed forum jester, please don't take offense

UnsightlyNaturalAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.