Credit Card Points from the Practice

Started by ayeball
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ayeball

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone explain how this works? In retina in particular, are all injections and other purchases made with a credit card? Do you generate massive amounts of points every year, and if so, how does your practice handle them?
 
Thank you. Do groups tend to use cash back cards, or do they split the points for travel?

Or, is this something that groups really don’t concern themselves with?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a solo practice owner… I get to keep all the points myself for free travel! For a low spender like me, I rely on plastiq to pay office rent and estimated tax payments to meet my multiple signup bonuses. I have 2 million AMEX points and 700,000 chase points. This year stayed at Hyatt hotels 24 nights all free. Usually fly in first/ business class. Our solo practice google group routinely discusses how to max out credit card points for free trips, many of my colleagues have had exotic overseas vacations for free.

Then again, even when I was a PGY4 resident I flew to Japan and Rome in business class for free- between patients at the VA I was reading flyertalk.com to maximize my points…
 
As a solo practice owner… I get to keep all the points myself for free travel! For a low spender like me, I rely on plastiq to pay office rent and estimated tax payments to meet my multiple signup bonuses. I have 2 million AMEX points and 700,000 chase points. This year stayed at Hyatt hotels 24 nights all free. Usually fly in first/ business class. Our solo practice google group routinely discusses how to max out credit card points for free trips, many of my colleagues have had exotic overseas vacations for free.

Then again, even when I was a PGY4 resident I flew to Japan and Rome in business class for free- between patients at the VA I was reading flyertalk.com to maximize my points…
Did you have a side business as a pgy-4 or just MS'ing for points?