• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

SmithAR

10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2008
Tipp City, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hi!! I'm a current freshman majoring in biology/pre-optometry. I'm very nervous about my number of credit hours for my winter quarter classes. I WILL be considered full time, but I only have three classes. I was just wondering if anybody sees this as being a bad thing when appyling to optometry schools...especially Ohio State. I definitely plan to take four classes once winter quarter ends. I just don't want to be turned away from an optometry school because I had a quarter in my freshman year that wasn't extremely demanding.

THANKS! :)

bd722

ICO class of 2013!!!
10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
That was brought up in one of my interviews...I was considered full-time but had less hours than other semesters. Just make sure you do well in all of those classes.

About the Ads

Oogilily

Soccer rules all
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
I would just be ready to explain why you are taking slighly less credit hours than you will other semesters. There were some semesters where I was just above full time and nobody asked me about it. But if they do, just be ready to explain.

bd722

ICO class of 2013!!!
10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
And you weren't rejected due to this?

No, I was accepted. It doesn't really affect their decision that much as long as you do well that semester and explain to them. just be honest.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.