Credit Hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmithAR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!! I'm a current freshman majoring in biology/pre-optometry. I'm very nervous about my number of credit hours for my winter quarter classes. I WILL be considered full time, but I only have three classes. I was just wondering if anybody sees this as being a bad thing when appyling to optometry schools...especially Ohio State. I definitely plan to take four classes once winter quarter ends. I just don't want to be turned away from an optometry school because I had a quarter in my freshman year that wasn't extremely demanding.

THANKS! :)

Members don't see this ad.

That was brought up in one of my interviews...I was considered full-time but had less hours than other semesters. Just make sure you do well in all of those classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would just be ready to explain why you are taking slighly less credit hours than you will other semesters. There were some semesters where I was just above full time and nobody asked me about it. But if they do, just be ready to explain.

And you weren't rejected due to this?

No, I was accepted. It doesn't really affect their decision that much as long as you do well that semester and explain to them. just be honest.