Credit Hours?

Started by SmithAR
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SmithAR

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!! I'm a current freshman majoring in biology/pre-optometry. I'm very nervous about my number of credit hours for my winter quarter classes. I WILL be considered full time, but I only have three classes. I was just wondering if anybody sees this as being a bad thing when appyling to optometry schools...especially Ohio State. I definitely plan to take four classes once winter quarter ends. I just don't want to be turned away from an optometry school because I had a quarter in my freshman year that wasn't extremely demanding.

THANKS! 🙂
 
That was brought up in one of my interviews...I was considered full-time but had less hours than other semesters. Just make sure you do well in all of those classes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would just be ready to explain why you are taking slighly less credit hours than you will other semesters. There were some semesters where I was just above full time and nobody asked me about it. But if they do, just be ready to explain.
 
And you weren't rejected due to this?

No, I was accepted. It doesn't really affect their decision that much as long as you do well that semester and explain to them. just be honest.